Newswire - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Newswire

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:36 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Any thoughts on the Jays designating Vince Perkins for assignment to fit room for Tallet?

Couldn't Ricciardi have just dropped Houston or Hattig off the 40-man roster instead? He must not think too highly of Perkins.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:21 am

A few more recent moves to report:

Perkins was claimed by the Brewers (still not sure why JP let him go)..and Jason Phillips made his way through waivers into AAA.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:39 am

I'm kind of upset that JP let Perkins go..

Oh well.. :-/
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:44 am

go_jays_go wrote:I'm kind of upset that JP let Perkins go..

Oh well.. :-/

ditto :-t

guess it was a numbers game.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:22 pm

Interesting news in Blair's blog today. According to Jeff, the Jays will likely be going with Rosario instead of Towers on Sunday. Rosario has looked very good in his limited time up, while it's absolutely pointless to keep throwing a 0-7 Towers into the fire. Also, with Russ Adams' recent struggles JP is supposedly looking for another SS and/or SP (Blair uses the words "young, established starter" or "more expensive veteran"), using Hillenbrand and prospects as trade bait. One thing is for sure, this team is finally serious about winning. Blair is usually very credible too, so we may be seeing some deals not too far away.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ry/Sports/
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 pm

Forget the Towers thing, looks like he'll be starting on Sunday, according to JP. I really don't understand why they keep sending him out there.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=165498&hubname=
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mikegp » Wed May 10, 2006 11:35 pm

mweir145 wrote:Forget the Towers thing, looks like he'll be starting on Sunday, according to JP. I really don't understand why they keep sending him out there.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=165498&hubname=

The only positive thing about towers right now is that he seems to be giving up most of his runs in one inning. I guess JP and Gibbons are hoping that he'll be able to be more consistent during games.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Mon May 15, 2006 12:40 am

Towers had a good game today. It looks like the Jays have no choice but to send him out there with Chacin and Burnett hurting. Apparently, Brandon League will get a shot to start. It seems that Josh Banks has good numbers at AAA but I guess isn't ready.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Tue May 23, 2006 1:55 am

According to Ken Rosenthal, usually a very good source for baseball transactions, the Jays are looking to acquire Adam Kennedy from the Angels. In all likelyhood if this happened, the Jays would move Hill over to SS, and put Kennedy in Hill's spot. In Ken's article, he suggested Shea Hillenbrand as the player the Jays would part with in a one for one deal. I'm not so sure what to think think of this possible deal, as we lose a good hitter in Hillenbrand, but we also greatly fix the problem in the middle infield (Kennedy is a good hitter and fielder).

Another rumour going around was that the Jays were going to try to entice Alex Gonzalez (yes the same Alex Gonzalez that played here for 7 years) to come out of retirement. I don't think it would be that hard as he retired over the weekend. Obviously Gonzalez wouldn't be as good an acquisition as Kennedy, but he's obviously a defensive improvement over Russ Adams, and likely an offensive improvement as well.

This trade talk is showing me just how what the Jays really think of Russ right now (who made his 10th error and several other bad throws at a game I attended today). If things don't change, it appears that Russ might be sent back to AAA.

What does everyone else think?

BTW, here's the story:
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5630460
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 23, 2006 2:29 am

It's a shame really. Adams had a pretty good year last season and to see him struggle like that with his defense is sad.

As for the trade, I don't like it very much. What does Kennedy do for you? Hillenbrand is too much to give up IMO. It's prolly a bad idea to let McDonald play everyday, but why not? Let Adams work out his defensive problems and when he does, put him back in the lineup. Remember Eric Hinske back in 02? He was awful in D. He worked on it, to the expense of hit hitting skills, but you can actually say that Hinske is a good defensive player now. :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Blue Jays