Busch NASCAR Administration - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Busch NASCAR Administration

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Busch NASCAR Administration

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:47 pm

NOVEMBER 18--When he was pulled over last week by a Phoenix cop, belligerent NASCAR driver Kurt Busch told the officer, "You're only doing this because you're a Jeff Gordon fan." That ridiculous gem is one highlight from three entertaining Maricopa County Sheriff's Office reports on the November 11 traffic stop near the Phoenix International Raceway. Busch, the 27-year-old reigning Nextel Cup champion, also made sure to tell sheriff's deputies, "You guys are a joke, punks. Aren't you supposed to be directing traffic somewhere?" And, of course, he repeatedly asked, "Do you know who I am?" The cop who pulled Busch over, Deputy Glenn Powe, reported that Busch followed that query up with a "long-winded dissertation about his celebrity status, listing his accomplishments as if he were reading me his resume." Powe, who cited Busch for reckless driving, a misdemeanor, explained that he did not follow stock car racing. Powe also noted that Busch exclaimed, "I'm not doing this gay-ass test," when asked to perform one sobriety test. Deputy J. McFarland noted that the combative Busch told officers "you guys are out of control," while Lieutenant Randy Brice reported that Busch, using the voice of an "impertinent child," exclaimed, "This is just a bunch of high school games!" Busch, Brice added, continued to "bluster and struggle" until he was handcuffed. At that point, Busch said, "You have no idea who I am! You have to be the dumbest cops I have ever met! You are going to regret this!" While Powe reported smelling alcohol on Busch, a preliminary breathalyzer test showed the driver to be far below the state's legal limit. Busch, who has apologized to cops for his combativeness, was suspended for the final two races of the NASCAR season by Roush Racing, for whom he has driven for the last five years.

Man, NASCAR really is just a bunch of rednecks driving in circles.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:54 pm

Kurt Busch sucks anyways. That's good for him. Roush racers in general are not very respected in my opinion.

And, we're not all rednecks BTW coppermine.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby logan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:54 pm

what a tool
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:02 pm

busch has always had big problems with his mouth,,, i thought him being the champ last year would make him grow up a bit, but it surely hasn't... and slomo was dead on about roush drivers,,,, just something about them and their attitudes.... and no not all of NASCAR fans are rednecks, but a good portion of them/us are though ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:04 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:busch has always had big problems with his mouth,,, i thought him being the champ last year would make him grow up a bit, but it surely hasn't... and slomo was dead on about roush drivers,,,, just something about them and their attitudes.... and no not all of NASCAR fans are rednecks, but a good portion of them/us are though ;-D ;-D

Roush's team is actually my public enemy #2. Tony Stewart is far and away my #1. }:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:14 pm

slomo007 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:busch has always had big problems with his mouth,,, i thought him being the champ last year would make him grow up a bit, but it surely hasn't... and slomo was dead on about roush drivers,,,, just something about them and their attitudes.... and no not all of NASCAR fans are rednecks, but a good portion of them/us are though ;-D ;-D

Roush's team is actually my public enemy #2. Tony Stewart is far and away my #1. }:-)

Although I don't hate Roush (I do like Biffle), "Smoke" is definitely public enemy #1. I'd love to see Hendrick suit up Terry Labonte this weekend and see Terry put Tony into the wall. What a sweet day that would be... ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:32 pm

Did Dick Trickle finally retire, or his he still dripping....er.....driving? :-?

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:33 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Although I don't hate Roush (I do like Biffle), "Smoke" is definitely public enemy #1. I'd love to see Hendrick suit up Terry Labonte this weekend and see Terry put Tony into the wall. What a sweet day that would be... ;-D

Hendrick would never do something like that,,, heck last year he had gordon and johnson both running for the championship and he never ordered vickers to take busch out..... plus i dont really want nascar to turn into F1, where team orders take the place of the best driver.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:33 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Hendrick would never do something like that,,, heck last year he had gordon and johnson both running for the championship and he never ordered vickers to take busch out..... plus i dont really want nascar to turn into F1, where team orders take the place of the best driver.....

That's a good point. Although, it would add some excitement (and ratings for sure) if there was more of that kind of stuff in NASCAR. Imagine how crazy it would get every time Tony got around a Hendrick or Roush car, not knowing when someone was going to try to put him in the wall or who it would be. Half the time now the best driver/fastest racecar doesn't win the race anyway because of fuel mileage or pit strategy or just plain bad luck. Not saying that's what I'd prefer, but I'd definitely watch it either way.

Although it may be that I'm just bored this year since my driver has been out of it since June (I'm a Junior fan).
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:54 pm

what an idiot :-t
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk