Uh oh...BJ Ryan... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Uh oh...BJ Ryan...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Minor League Skilz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:25 pm

blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
blankman wrote:Gordon is an absolute must sign now. I wanted him back anyway, but they absolutely need him now. Go after Howry too. And Rincon.

Gordon is definately not a must sign. They should look at him more in detail now, but by no means should they sign him to a 3 year contract. I'd be cautious of signing him for 2.

I do want Howry, have from the beginning. Rincon looks like the only lefty option available. I hope they also make a run at Octavio Dotel who should be cheap and could return to dominant form.

Who said 3 years? :-[

Gordon is a guy that gets the job done and with so many questions about all the other guys out there, you need something you know will perform.

Rincon is Right Handed by the way. At 26 and coming off 2 great seasons, he's a great pickup. Dotel would be a great risk-reward bet IMO as well.

Wrong rincon. He meant the lefty from Oakland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/p ... atsId=5757

It looks like someone is going to give Gordon three so I think we might have to go with someone else...Sign Howry and Rincon now and check out the Dotel situation. I have a bad feeling about Dotel in the Bronx. He reminds me of benitez.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:19 pm

blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
blankman wrote:Gordon is an absolute must sign now. I wanted him back anyway, but they absolutely need him now. Go after Howry too. And Rincon.

Gordon is definately not a must sign. They should look at him more in detail now, but by no means should they sign him to a 3 year contract. I'd be cautious of signing him for 2.

I do want Howry, have from the beginning. Rincon looks like the only lefty option available. I hope they also make a run at Octavio Dotel who should be cheap and could return to dominant form.

Who said 3 years? :-[

Gordon.

Gordon is a guy that gets the job done and with so many questions about all the other guys out there, you need something you know will perform.

You mean like he performed in the 2004 and 2005 postseasons? He's a choke artist. Always has been. No way should they blow major bucks for major years on him (38 years old.)

Rincon is Right Handed by the way. At 26 and coming off 2 great seasons, he's a great pickup. Dotel would be a great risk-reward bet IMO as well.

You're thinking of Juan Rincon. He is the righty. He was also suspended for steroids this year.

Ricardo Rincon, from Oakland, is the lefty. He's not great but he'll have to do. Dotel would be good risk-reward, as long as we don't overpay for him.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to New York Yankees