100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Friday Morning rumors.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Friday Morning rumors.

Postby RynMan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:56 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
wrveres wrote:Orioles interested in Delgado
Marlins first baseman Carlos Delgado could replace Rafael Palmeiro in Baltimore if Orioles officials — currently divided over the idea — agree to give up a top pitching prospect, a baseball source said Thursday. The Marlins and Orioles have not yet discussed a trade, but Baltimore's front office has talked about it since at least the general managers' meetings in California last week. "Baltimore is seriously debating whether to get Delgado, but they are split over whether to pursue it,'' said the source, who was briefed on Baltimore's strategies

Which team are the Orioles going to steal that top pitching prospect from?

LOL.

Mlb.com posted a report today stating that the Orioles aren't going to pursue Delgado because they aren't interested in taking on the back-logged contract. I think he's going to the Mets.

If I were the Padres, I would be more concerned with signing Giles. If it meant letting Hoffman go, so be it.

Apparently Jim Bowden is in the running for GM of the Red Sox. Good news for the Yankees if that happens.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Dodgers overpay for Giles - new GM wanting to show he is "serious about winning now".
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:00 pm

Coppermine wrote:There's a Japanese city called Fukuoka? Sounds insulting!

HAHA how weird... some foreign exchange students from Fukuoaka just visited my school.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:59 am

Jojima tells New York, Sayonara
It looks as if the Mets have one fewer candidate for their vacant catcher's job. Free agent Kenji Jojima abruptly canceled his visit to New York yesterday and returned home to Japan for what was described as "personal reasons." Mets officials, surprised by the sudden change of plans, came away with the impression that Jojima is either going to sign with the Mariners or the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks, his former team in Japan. As many as six major-league clubs were interested in Jojima, but the only place he visited was Seattle, and it appears he will not resume his U.S. tour before making a decision.

No Mets fans will be upset by this news...we want Hernadez or Molina. No more Japenese ballplayers!!!!!!!!!
killiansjmd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly Pride » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:33 am

The Yankees, from what I've heard, are actually seriously considering using Melky Cabrera in centerfield this year. Maybe they're not going for Giles like everybody else said, strangely enough. Their CF situation could be the difference between another postseason disappointment and a great season for the Yanks. Somehow, the talks about getting Aaron Rowand don't make sense either, as I don't think the White Sox would be too keen to give him up.

And in other news,

Ned Colletti, hired as the Los Angeles Dodgers' general manager earlier this week, is planning to meet with Jim Fregosi and Terry Collins to discuss the team's vacant managerial position.

Well, Fregosi managed the 1993 WS-losing Phils, but I haven't heard of Collins. He is also thinking about Lou Piniella (I'd love to see that)
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby blankman » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:45 pm

Philly Pride wrote:The Yankees, from what I've heard, are actually seriously considering using Melky Cabrera in centerfield this year. Maybe they're not going for Giles like everybody else said, strangely enough.

Source?

Melky looked awful in Center in his short time in the Majors. I can't imagine they'll take that risk without another plan in place.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Surfs up » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:03 pm

Saw a rumor somewhere that the Yankess and Tigers may do something. Pavano to the Tigers for Carlos Pena. Of course the Tigers would want some money paid in this deal. Pavano hasn't demanded a trade but has told friends he wants out. Pena has been rumored to be history alond with Maroth.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)

Postby RynMan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:51 am

A cheap alternative for the Yanks in CF could be Juan Rivera. The Angels have a log jam of players so I would imagine that he could be had fairly cheap.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:19 am

RynMan wrote:A cheap alternative for the Yanks in CF could be Juan Rivera. The Angels have a log jam of players so I would imagine that he could be had fairly cheap.

juan rivera.....isnt he the one that stole jeters glove and tried to ebay it or something like that?
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:59 am

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:
RynMan wrote:A cheap alternative for the Yanks in CF could be Juan Rivera. The Angels have a log jam of players so I would imagine that he could be had fairly cheap.

juan rivera.....isnt he the one that stole jeters glove and tried to ebay it or something like that?

No, that was Ruben Rivera. Juan Rivera was the one who filled in at CF/LF when Bernie Williams got hurt and was later traded with Nick Johnson for Vazquez.

He's developed into a decent player and the Angels don't have a big need for him in that loaded outfield, especially if they sign another bat (which is likely). If they can get him cheap, I'd be for it.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers