Let's talk Baseball Video Games ....again...but now! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Let's talk Baseball Video Games ....again...but now!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Let's talk Baseball Video Games ....again...but now!

Postby RynMan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:58 pm

Ok, I know there have been threads before about great baseball games but now it's time to re-check where we are on this front and ask which games we should be looking out for, or should be playing.

Personally MVPBaseball 05 is the best baseball game I have ever played - just outstanding. However it seems there will be no 2006.

Question: Where do we MVP fans turn to now?

Can anyone inform me of any baseball games worthy of playing after MVP? Which should we keep an eye out for?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby da1chipo » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:05 pm

Well I guess we'll see what Sega can do with it for the consoles...

I just got OOTP 6, and its kinda addicting; the only problem I find with it is that it takes me a very long time to simulate.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:29 pm

My favorite baseball games ever are Bad News Baseball, and Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, which was the last one I've played.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:04 am

Yeah, I guess we have to check out what Sega is made of. Though I remember reading here on the cafe that EA is making a college NCAA baseball game. So if you're a hard baseball gamer, you might want to check that one out. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:27 am

go_jays_go wrote:Yeah, I guess we have to check out what Sega is made of. Though I remember reading here on the cafe that EA is making a college NCAA baseball game. So if you're a hard baseball gamer, you might want to check that one out. ;-D

Yeah, here's the site: http://www.easports.com/mvp06/index.jsp

Looks pretty cool, you can build your own college, and in the dynasty mode you get to do recruiting etc just like in the basketball games ;-D I'd definitely get this over whatever Sega puts out.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby prodpaul » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:53 am

I'm an MVP guy as well. Aren't there some sites where you can download roster updates from year to year. :-?

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ironman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:11 am

I've pretty much given up on baseball games. That last one I truly enjoyed was Triple Play 97 for PSOne. After that EA ruined the Triple Play series by adding a bunch of superfluous features that hindered gameplay. I never really got into MVP. The Sega WS 2K games were good dating back to the Dreamcast but like EA with TP they kept feeling the need to change things up and add unwanted features and in turn let gameplay and the overall graphics fall to the wayside. Seriously, a game should never have worse graphics from one year to the next should it?

So to get my baseball fix I plug in the old SNES and NES and play Baseball Stars and Griffey. Someone mentioned Bad News Baseball which is a great underrated game. BNB was the best baseball game Tecmo ever made.

I mentioned this in another post but I still think it would be awesome if someone created a revamped version of Baseball Stars for the new consoles. With the abilities they have now how cool would that be? You could literally build an entire league yourself, create logos, uniforms, stadiums. You could play online with your created teams and power your guys up like in BS. Who wouldn't play that?
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:44 am

baseball6791 wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Yeah, I guess we have to check out what Sega is made of. Though I remember reading here on the cafe that EA is making a college NCAA baseball game. So if you're a hard baseball gamer, you might want to check that one out. ;-D

Looks pretty cool, you can build your own college, and in the dynasty mode you get to do recruiting etc just like in the basketball games ;-D I'd definitely get this over whatever Sega puts out.

That game looks awesome and don't worry someone will mod that game so you can use pro players for the pc!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:

That game looks awesome and don't worry someone will mod that game so you can use pro players for the pc!

I did some modding for MVP 04 and 05 and roster, portraits wouldn't be a problem

The Problem is that I don't think you can mod the game mode to simulate an MLB season or the MLB Franchise mode
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk