The importance of your "gut" in poker... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The importance of your "gut" in poker...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GSes » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:48 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
Madison wrote: Took me awhile to learn to limp with jacks at ring games. Really wish I had learned it sooner though. :-P

You limp jacks regardless of your position and players you're up against? That seems a bit much. :-?

i agree with baseballer of course, 2 jacks are only beat by 3 hands preflop, they are a must raise from almost any positon in NL holdem short handed or full ring game, in a tought game, u might consider limpin with them early positon.

a lot of the time no overs will flop and u can continue to play the jacks aggrsively, as they are most likely good.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Mad, you make a good point. I just cashed out for 135 in profit today, leaving myself with 50 bucks. So, I might consider one of those 50 dollar buy in tables and see how the cards fall. I think of myself as solid enough, so it can't hurt. ;-D

Wow, I have never been so optimistic after my QQ has lost 25 bucks to 99. :-b He flopped a set, I should have let them go, that is where I fail to be a good poker player. But I will learn to let that hand go. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby GSes » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:31 am

pokerplaya wrote:Mad, you make a good point. I just cashed out for 135 in profit today, leaving myself with 50 bucks. So, I might consider one of those 50 dollar buy in tables and see how the cards fall. I think of myself as solid enough, so it can't hurt. ;-D

Wow, I have never been so optimistic after my QQ has lost 25 bucks to 99. :-b He flopped a set, I should have let them go, that is where I fail to be a good poker player. But I will learn to let that hand go. ;-D

wut u need to do is play the .25/.50 tables, but only buy in for 25 instead of 50. In a live game I believe you should ALWAYS buy in for the full amount to get wutever edge u can, but in online ring games I believe it is a big mistake to buy in for the full amount in a ring game, and you should always buy in for half the amount.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:24 am

GSes wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Mad, you make a good point. I just cashed out for 135 in profit today, leaving myself with 50 bucks. So, I might consider one of those 50 dollar buy in tables and see how the cards fall. I think of myself as solid enough, so it can't hurt. ;-D

wut u need to do is play the .25/.50 tables, but only buy in for 25 instead of 50. In a live game I believe you should ALWAYS buy in for the full amount to get wutever edge u can, but in online ring games I believe it is a big mistake to buy in for the full amount in a ring game, and you should always buy in for half the amount.

why? as long as you have the bankroll it shouldn't matter.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GSes » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:52 am

bronxxbomber wrote:
GSes wrote:

if some1 dosen't have the bankroll like pokerplayer, then he should buy in for half the amount
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:33 am

GSes wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:
GSes wrote:

if some1 dosen't have the bankroll like pokerplayer, then he should buy in for half the amount

what he should do is play a limit where his bankroll is not at such a high risk. it sounds like he's playing well right now, but short-termed luck and a small bankroll could be a disaster at the wrong limit.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:58 pm

I'm just a recreational player, so bankroll isn't really an issue for me. I'm not trying to make a living on this, and play merely for entertainment purposes. If I win, great, if I lose, well that's okay too..I'm still going to have money to pay the rent. If I go broke, I simply buy back in if that's what I want to do. For now, I'm considering the move to a slightly bigger blind because as Mad said, people play just about any two cards for a quarter. I used to play .01/.02 no limit, now that's a limit where people REALLY play any two cards.

:-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to General Talk