MCDST - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MCDST

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MCDST

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:21 pm

I'm getting ready to take my MCDST test (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and I was wondering if anyone had taken the test. ACS, I know you mentioned you have some IT certs and I was wondering if you or anyone else had any insight.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: MCDST

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:57 pm

Coppermine wrote:I'm getting ready to take my MCDST test (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and I was wondering if anyone had taken the test. ACS, I know you mentioned you have some IT certs and I was wondering if you or anyone else had any insight.


I'm hopefully getting that cert within the year. People tell me its hard as hell.. YOu need to make like a 90 on a practice test apparently to barely pass.

So good luck!@ ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: MCDST

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:06 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I'm getting ready to take my MCDST test (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and I was wondering if anyone had taken the test. ACS, I know you mentioned you have some IT certs and I was wondering if you or anyone else had any insight.


I'm hopefully getting that cert within the year. People tell me its hard as hell.. YOu need to make like a 90 on a practice test apparently to barely pass.

So good luck!@ ;-D


Bummer!!!! I'm just getting ready to start the practice tests... I didn't think the content seemed very hard, so, we'll see.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: MCDST

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:21 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I'm getting ready to take my MCDST test (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and I was wondering if anyone had taken the test. ACS, I know you mentioned you have some IT certs and I was wondering if you or anyone else had any insight.


I'm hopefully getting that cert within the year. People tell me its hard as hell.. YOu need to make like a 90 on a practice test apparently to barely pass.

So good luck!@ ;-D


Bummer!!!! I'm just getting ready to start the practice tests... I didn't think the content seemed very hard, so, we'll see.


Well MS DEVILS give you like a bunch of different test so they aren't neccassarily like the Practice ones
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:05 pm

My wife says the MCDST is easier to get than a MCSA or MCSE. She also said to go to http://www.braindumps.com and they would have good advice, practice questions, etc.

Hope that helps some. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Tavish » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:45 pm

Honestly I didn find either 271 or 272 all that difficult. I actually had more trouble with 272 because at the time I was working in an almost entirely UNIX environment and had to get reacclimated with Outlook and IE. 271 wasn't too bad, just be sure to cram on network protocols (with a focus on TCP/IP). I was lucky and had just finished taking the A+ certification so most of the smaller details were still fresh in my mind.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11071
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact