Anything good on TV???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anything good on TV????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anything good on TV????

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:49 pm

Well, i've come to the conclusion that most of the shows on TV are crap. Here is a small compilation:

Lost: I missed the bandwagon on this, I have yet to see the show... well, I stand corrected, I saw the first episode, enjoyed it, then forgot to watch for 6 weeks. That put me a little behind. I plan on renting the first season soon on Netflix and then the second. Hopefully I can catch up in time for the third.

CSI: Most watched show on TV... for the sole reason you don't have to watch every week to keep up with the story line. I stopped watching last year because it got boring, but I tuned in last week. It was awesome. I think I'm back on a CSI kick, but only for the entertainment value... it's nothing I'd call profound.

CSI: Miami: The red-headed (David Caruso) stepchild of CSI, the Miami one just isn't as good.

CSI: NY: Sucks!

Criminal Minds: I watched this show last night for the first time. I almost vomited while I was watching it, and good thing I didn't, because my vomit may have landed in such a way that it produced a better script than this show.

Without a Trace: The most underrated crime drama on TV. It's awesome. Anthony LaPaglia is Austrialian... who knew!!!

Law and Order: Everything: I don't watch the original, I think SVU really isn't that great and the one with Vincent D'Nofrio is cool because he's a badass, but I never watch it because I don't even know what day it's on. Side note: I still like the doink, doink noise when they go to someone's apartment. Also, the judge on SVU is Angela from who's the boss and the captain on Criminal Intent is Randal Flagg.

Prison Break: Drawn out and boring

Reunion: Gay cop from Six Feet Under is not convincing me he's really a straight cop. Side note: Six Feet Under = awesome

24: Please come back soon... I miss you!

American Idol: Go away! No reality shows allowed here!

Surface and the other alien/monster shows: They all suck.

West Wing: They can't fool me... Jimmy Smits is dead

Lets' switch gears to comedy....

My Name is Earl: The best new show on Television in my opinion, it deserves some FBC recognition.

The Office: Started out with great potential on the heels of it's brilliant BBC counterpart... starting to get a little annoying though. Steve Carell is still awesome though and the guy who plays Dwight is great.

Arrested Development: I don't want to watch it based only on the principle that everyone is telling me to, it's winning all these awards and still it's ratings are lousy.

All sitcoms that still use laughing tracks: GO AWAY!!! (Yes Joey, I'm talking to YOU!)

OK, so Two and a Half Men has given me a chuckle before, but it's still dumb.

Please, continue the discussion... I have nothing to watch on TV!!!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:56 pm

I really like My Name is Earl too. ;-D

But it's on at the same time as House, which my girl NEVER misses, so I don't get to see it much... the Office is pretty damned amusing too if you like the smarmy attitude of Steve Correll.

I also love Arrested Development, too bad it just got cancelled.

Those shows, South Park, and Sportscenter are about all I watch.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:59 pm

I just started watching South Park again. I never knew when a new one was going to be on. Some shows not mentioned that I like: Medium, Bones, Amazing Race, Survivor, Simpsons, and Family Guy.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 455)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:03 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:I really like My Name is Earl too. ;-D

But it's on at the same time as House, which my girl NEVER misses, so I don't get to see it much... the Office is pretty damned amusing too if you like the smarmy attitude of Steve Correll.

I also love Arrested Development, too bad it just got cancelled.

Those shows, South Park, and Sportscenter are about all I watch.

Wow, Arrested Devlopment got cancelled? That's pretty huge, considering it's been winning Emmies like it was nothing. I did hear this season sucked though...

I only saw House once... my dad recommended it to me, and he's pretty picky. I think the guy who plays House is great, but I don't like his little medical "team." It's all so cliche... it's like they're trying to make a crime drama out of a medical show (which I guess is what it is). I give it credit for have a little more personality than, say, CSI, but then again... I can't watch it since I love My Name is Earl and The Office.

I stayed out of cable shows because that brings on a whole new realm of good vs. bad television.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:05 pm

Arrested Devlopment is the funniest show on TV..Its so awesome i can't even explain it.

I download the seasons cause I always miss it on TV but its a shame that it got canceled because it is brilliant..

Althought I think it would be better on a more intelligent network like comedy central or HBO that don't just produce mass junk like fox.

Aressted Devlopment better get picked up cause it rules
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:07 pm

Check out Rescue Me when it comes back on. Actually, better yet, go out and rent season one and two (if it has come out yet). Pretty good show. It features Denis Leary and his problems as an alcoholic father and husband, and member of the FDNY. Pretty interesting and well done. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:Arrested Devlopment is the funniest show on TV..Its so awesome i can't even explain it.

I download the seasons cause I always miss it on TV but its a shame that it got canceled because it is brilliant..

Althought I think it would be better on a more intelligent network like comedy central or HBO that don't just produce mass junk like fox.

Aressted Devlopment better get picked up cause it rules

Yes, if anything, Arrested Development should head over to HBO where the writers would have real creative control.

Curb Your Enthusiasm anyone? Best comedy of the decade.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:08 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Check out Rescue Me when it comes back on. Actually, better yet, go out and rent season one and two (if it has come out yet). Pretty good show. It features Denis Leary and his problems as an alcoholic father and husband, and member of the FDNY. Pretty interesting and well done. ;-D

That was AA's favorite show waaaaaaaaaaaa :~(
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:10 pm

The Office is the best comedy currently on TV. That show is so freakin hilarious, especially if you actually work in an office. ;-D

I agree with most of your other assessments though.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:14 pm

I've seen Rescue Me and I agree it's very good because A. Denis Leary is awesome and B. It shows that FX really has balls (remember, the Shield is pretty awesome too).

All I know, is that there is only one hour of TV that I have deemed "must see" and that is My Name is Earl followed by The Office.

I hope they don't see the fate of Arrested Devlopment... people need to get over their crappy reality shows and dumb sitcoms and go for something witty and entertaining.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk