How to select credit card? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How to select credit card?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:55 am

Coppermine wrote:
Sticky Spice wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Where's the dude that first posted... he's getting quite a bit of good advice.

Thanks everyone for the help.

For my first step I went to http://www.AnnualCreditReport.com to check out my credit report. They charge you to see your actual credit score, so I just skipped that.

Next I think I'm going to go to bankrate.com like was suggested earlier and shop for a good card. In addition to Christmas, my wife and I are expecting to treat ourselves to new computers when we get our taxes back. We are considering buying them on credit if we see a really good deal during the holidays and then paying it off when we get our refund - perfect for one of those no payments for 6 months kinda deals. It scares us a little to count our chickens like that though.

What I want to get my wife is a Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer. It "has" to be the Artisan model, and it "has" to be pink (rolling eyes) - runs about $250-$275. I don't want to buy on ebay because I don't trust kitchen appliances and would want the security of knowing I could return it just in case it blows up. Talk about a gift that gives back :-L Not romantic, I know, but cooking is one of her personal interests.

Sticky, let me tell you, from personal experience, that mixer will win you far more points than any flowers, chocolate or even jewelry.

KitchenAid Mixer = You get more food. At least it worked that way in my case, but my wife enjoys cooking. Heck, I bought her a knife for Valentine's Day one year. :-o

If you're shopping around for that mixer Spice one place you could check is chefs.com. They sometimes have good prices.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:49 am

ironman wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Sticky Spice wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Where's the dude that first posted... he's getting quite a bit of good advice.

Thanks everyone for the help.

For my first step I went to http://www.AnnualCreditReport.com to check out my credit report. They charge you to see your actual credit score, so I just skipped that.

Next I think I'm going to go to bankrate.com like was suggested earlier and shop for a good card. In addition to Christmas, my wife and I are expecting to treat ourselves to new computers when we get our taxes back. We are considering buying them on credit if we see a really good deal during the holidays and then paying it off when we get our refund - perfect for one of those no payments for 6 months kinda deals. It scares us a little to count our chickens like that though.

What I want to get my wife is a Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer. It "has" to be the Artisan model, and it "has" to be pink (rolling eyes) - runs about $250-$275. I don't want to buy on ebay because I don't trust kitchen appliances and would want the security of knowing I could return it just in case it blows up. Talk about a gift that gives back :-L Not romantic, I know, but cooking is one of her personal interests.

Sticky, let me tell you, from personal experience, that mixer will win you far more points than any flowers, chocolate or even jewelry.

KitchenAid Mixer = You get more food. At least it worked that way in my case, but my wife enjoys cooking. Heck, I bought her a knife for Valentine's Day one year. :-o

If you're shopping around for that mixer Spice one place you could check is chefs.com. They sometimes have good prices.

Tracking down a pink one might be hard... I bet Rachel Ray has a few on hand.

She's a slut!!!!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk