Cameron Deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Cameron Deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cameron Deal

Postby tcliff4 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:57 pm

So it seems like the Mets are on the verge of sending Cameron to SD for Xavier Nady. Does anyone know anything more about the deal?
tcliff4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:17 pm

Just that they're waiting for the physical results and that SD is assuming the entire contract.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:34 am

"The Mets again proved to be the most aggressive team of the winter, striking the first major deal as they sent Mike Cameron to the San Diego Padres in exchange for first baseman-outfielder Xavier Nady... One official said the Red Sox have shown interest in Nady and the Mets remain interested in Ramirez, who reportedly has expanded his list of teams he would accept in a trade to include the Mets."

Newsday: "Mike Cameron was hospitalized after his last visit to Petco Park, his shattered face in need of surgery, and now the site of his horrifying collision with Carlos Beltran will be his new home after the Mets agreed yesterday to trade Cameron to the Padres for Xavier Nady... The versatile Nady, who plays first base as well as all three outfield positions, could be part of a package that could be shipped to the Devil Rays for Danys Baez and Aubrey Huff."

New York Daily News: "The righty-hitting Nady could be used as a complement to lefty-hitting Mike Jacobs at first base and play right field. He also could be incorporated in a trade should the Mets deal for a premier slugger like Ramirez or Carlos Delgado or Tampa Bay closer Danys Baez, though a source briefed on the trade believed the Mets would retain Nady."

In addition to all this, there are rumors that suggest that Wagner is staying with Philly, the Mets are going after Ryan now and the Twins are showing interest in Piazza.

So... who do you think the Mets will go for, and who do you think think would be a better fit?

Delgado or Manny?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:09 pm

I guess with all things being equal I'd rather have Manny. Who wouldn't? :-)

But I heard on the radio that Florida will practically give Delgado away if they find a team who will pick up $.80 on the dollar. I think it was Olney who said it and I'm not sure how accurate that is but if it is correct than I think Delgado becomes the easy choice. Bums me out in one regard because I was really looking forward to seeing Jake get his shot. My hunch is that if the Marlins were to trade Delgado to the Mets than Jacobs would definitely be one of the players going the other way.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:12 pm

Agreed Amazins... I'd rather see Jacobs get a shot and have Manny out there... I think he'd calm down in New York and inject even more personality into the Mets. Remember, Delgado didn't want to go to the mets last year because he felt they tried to use his hispanic heritage to lure him in.

I guess we'll have to see, like I said, Omar's cookin' up something.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HiddenIdentity » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:59 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Omar's cookin' up something.

Hopefully.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye