Civics 101: Smoke Crack - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Civics 101: Smoke Crack

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:50 am

JTWood wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Considering the job market, this might be a step up for me. All I have is a B.A. in Politcal Science...not sure if that even qualifies me to build things out of trash... :-b

You're right. A PoliSci degree only qualifies you to shovel sh*t.

;-7 :-D B-)

Hey don't knock the social science degrees! OK, you can have philosophy but lay off the rest! ;-)
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:05 pm

There are a lot of worthless degrees out there... Art, History, Philosophy, Phys Ed, Ethnobotany and Underwater Basketweaving. Actually, anything Liberal Arts is fairly worthless, monetarily anyway, unless you just love learning.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for education majors, but I've found elementary education majors to be particularly shady.

For example, the vast majority of El Ed majors are female. But occassionally, at college, you may run across the occassional dude who just love children under the age of 12 (yikes!).

Regardless, while I slaved away trying to understand marginal rates of elasticity vs. inelasticity of demand and managerial accounting principles as applied to supply-side economics on my way to a BSBA, I often had to endure the whining of El Ed majors because they spent almost two hours making a poster out of glitter and construction paper.

Damn it! Shut up about your glitter-poster!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:08 pm

Are there different grades of crack..

You konw with weed you have

Kind Buds
Beasters
Schwag
Tie Stick
Skunk
Blue Berry Etc..

is there like Kind Crack?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:19 pm

Dont forget the Downtown Dirty Brown. :-o
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:33 pm

Crack 101 (for ACS):

Because of the dangers of using ether to produce pure freebase cocaine, cocaine producers began to omit the step of removing the freebase cocaine precipitate from the ammonia mixture. Typically, filtration processes are also omitted. The end result of this process is that the cut, in addition to the ammonium salt (NH4Cl), remains in the freebase cocaine after the mixture is evaporated. The “rock” which is thus formed also contains a small amount of water. When the rock is heated this water boils, making a crackling sound (hence the name “crack”). Baking soda is now most often used as a base rather than ammonia for reasons of lowered stench and toxicity; however, any weak base can be used to make crack cocaine. Strong bases, such as sodium hydroxide, tend to hydrolyze some of the cocaine into useless ecgonine.

The net reaction when using baking soda (also called sodium bicarbonate, with a chemical formula of NaHCO3) is:
CocH+ + Cl- + NaHCO3 → Coc + H2O + CO2 + NaCl

Crack is unique because it offers a strong cocaine experience in small, low-priced packages. In the United States, crack cocaine is often sold in small, inexpensive dosage units frequently known as “nickels” or “nickel rocks” (referring to the price of $5.00), and also “dimes” or “dime rocks” ($10.00) and sometimes as “twenties” or “solids”, and “forties”. The quantity provided by such a purchase varies depending upon many factors, such as local availability, which is affected by geographic location. A twenty may yield a quarter gram or half gram on average, yielding 30 minutes to an hour of effect if hits are taken every few minutes. After the $20 or $40 mark, crack and powder cocaine are sold in grams or fractions of ounces. Many inner-city addicts with a regular dealer will “work a corner”, taking money from anyone who wants crack, making a buy from the dealer, then delivering part of the product while keeping some for themselves. Street names for crack include “Devil’s dandruff”, “Devilsmoke”, “Devil drug”, “hard”, “dope”, “work”, “smoke”, “yoda”, “yayo”, “yay”, “bones”, “yola”, “matter”, and “food”; but most commonly, it is simply called “rock”. Crack cocaine was extremely popular in the mid- and late 1980s, especially in inner cities, although its popularity declined through the 1990s. In 1998, Gary Webb's book Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion linked the “crack explosion” to the CIA funding of the anti-communism Contras fighting against sandinistas in Nicaragua.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:42 pm

Very informative.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:06 pm

Coppermine wrote:Street names for crack include “Devil’s dandruff”, “Devilsmoke”, “Devil drug”, “hard”, “dope”, “work”, “smoke”, “yoda”, “yayo”, “yay”, “bones”, “yola”, “matter”, and “food”; but most commonly, it is simply called “rock”.

I have very little experience with crack other than what I've seen on crime dramas, but I've never heard any of these nicknames really, aside from maybe "dope" which, I think, is a nickname for EVERY drug.

Notice, a crack street name is "yoda."
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:36 pm

JTWood wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Considering the job market, this might be a step up for me. All I have is a B.A. in Politcal Science...not sure if that even qualifies me to build things out of trash... :-b

You're right. A PoliSci degree only qualifies you to shovel sh*t.

;-7 :-D B-)

Agreed...I was planning on going to law school, but the funds just aren't there right now and I'm not really in the mood to go even further into debt...so...I'm stuck for the time being but I finally landed a decent job today making some decent cash so I'll be okay for a while. B-)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby ironman » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:There are a lot of worthless degrees out there... Art, History, Philosophy, Phys Ed, Ethnobotany and Underwater Basketweaving. Actually, anything Liberal Arts is fairly worthless, monetarily anyway, unless you just love learning.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for education majors, but I've found elementary education majors to be particularly shady.

For example, the vast majority of El Ed majors are female. But occassionally, at college, you may run across the occassional dude who just love children under the age of 12 (yikes!).

Regardless, while I slaved away trying to understand marginal rates of elasticity vs. inelasticity of demand and managerial accounting principles as applied to supply-side economics on my way to a BSBA, I often had to endure the whining of El Ed majors because they spent almost two hours making a poster out of glitter and construction paper.

The college I went to is a big teacher's college. A lot of my friends were education majors and I can assure from what they've told me its no picnic. They worked a lot harder than my drunken derelict friends with management degrees.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:47 pm

ironman wrote:
Coppermine wrote:There are a lot of worthless degrees out there... Art, History, Philosophy, Phys Ed, Ethnobotany and Underwater Basketweaving. Actually, anything Liberal Arts is fairly worthless, monetarily anyway, unless you just love learning.

The college I went to is a big teacher's college. A lot of my friends were education majors and I can assure from what they've told me its no picnic. They worked a lot harder than my drunken derelict friends with management degrees.

Really? That certainly wasn't the case at my school, which was more business-oriented I suppose. Now secondary ed majors have their work cut out for them, but elementary ed? I don't know...
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk