Buying Skis... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Buying Skis...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:52 pm

The K2 enemy seem like a good ski too, especially brand new for that price...180 is that a good size for me? In the past I've rented no bigger than 170's, but with my height/weight I assume 180 is what I need...?

I've heard to go shorter, because it's easier to control, and I've heard to go longer because I'm a bigger guy...what gives?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:22 pm

pokerplaya wrote:The K2 enemy seem like a good ski too, especially brand new for that price...180 is that a good size for me? In the past I've rented no bigger than 170's, but with my height/weight I assume 180 is what I need...?

I've heard to go shorter, because it's easier to control, and I've heard to go longer because I'm a bigger guy...what gives?

If you are an intermediate I'd stay away from 170's at your size...

170-181 should be within your range.

Its not that big of a deal.

I ski a 169 Public Enemy and a 179 Seth Pistol and I skied a 191 Volant Chubb last year..

So its not that big of a deal. I'd stay in that range of 170-181 though.

As a bigger guy you will be more stable on a bigger ski. However, if you are a begginer its harder to ride bigger boards like that.

You would be fine i'm pretty positive...It might take you a few runs to break it down and ski bigger but it should be a breeze after that
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:29 pm

Sounds good. I may go the route of those Salomon's, not sure yet. I've got 6 weeks until the trip, so there is no rush, but those seem like as good a deal as any.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:38 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Sounds good. I may go the route of those Salomon's, not sure yet. I've got 6 weeks until the trip, so there is no rush, but those seem like as good a deal as any.

If I were you i'd check out the barking bear and teton gravity forums and check out their used gear sections.

Its people just selling stuff on a forum like this one.

2 of my ski's came from there and they are in great shape and well below what I would have paid on ebay.

For example I got my K2 public enemy for 150 bucks they are going for like 300 on ebay.

Also, I got my seth pistol for 225 with binding and shipping which woulda been more like 350 on ebay.

So anyways just keep your eyes open.

I love twin tips I think they are great ski's for powder and groomers and they are super easy to turn.

I'll keep my eyes open
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:45 pm

Thanks. Sounds good. I'm not going to impulse buy here, and I'll check out all that stuff. I'm sure I'll be able to get a great deal by the last week in Dec. Thanks for all the help! Let me know if you see anything that would be a good fit for me. I really appreciate it, ACS.

;-D ;-D ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Previous

Return to General Talk