New Idea for League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New Idea for League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Idea for League

Postby mcwilcut » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:53 pm

I'm looking to see the reaction to this idea for a Dynasty league.

I wanting to start a league where the Salary cap for each team is the money you put in for the League. There would be a League fee set For League web site/board, and Stat service we use I.E CBS, EPSN, or could be no league fee if we choose a free service such as Yahoo.
All other money such as your teams Salary will go to the World series Payout at the end of each season.
So if all 14 owners spent $100 on their team the World series Pay out would be $1400.
Each team would draft a set number of players at the start, and a salary placed on them before the draft set by A, B,C, player rating.
Such as A. Rod would be a A list player salary to draft set at $5.

Of course all teams might not want to spend $100. so you could have teams with a $20 salary, but just like in Baseball now that team would have a smaller chance at winning the League.
I'm wanting some feed back on this, so please let me know.

If interested please post here and email mailto:Rotopro2000@yahoo.com
mcwilcut
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:40 pm

I find it interesting...fill me in with more info if possible. There must be a salary cap for each team otherwise everyone could load up on huge name players.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:12 pm

Sounds very interesting, but like Steamers said, there would have to be some rules and it would have to be well thought out. Interesting though.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

new league

Postby ayebatter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:12 am

Very interesting - keep me in mind. ayebatter B-) B-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1443)

Postby mcwilcut » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:54 pm

Yes there is still alot to be worked out. As for the Salary cap though it would be what you wanted to spend. It would be real dollars that you are spending. If you decided to bid $25 for A-rod it would be $25 dollars out of your Real money. How it would go is, we would have a draft for the first 15 out of 32 man roster spots. Each player will be given a dollar amount to be used when drafted as his salary based on his overall ranking. After you draft you have to decide a set amount of money you want to spend on your team. I.E you spent $37 on the players you drafted and want to spend $40 more on the rest of your team, you would send a total of $77. for your league fees. How ever another team might only want to spend a total of $50in all then he would send that money in as his league fees. A owner wanting to spend alot on high talent would be spending his own money actual dollars, to get that talent.
The rest of the rules and such are all up to work out but the basis of the Idea is to give more of the feel of buying your team.
mcwilcut
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:38 pm

I understand how the system works...you have an initial draft for the top 15 rounds of talent, then an auction for the rest...it makes sense. Let me know of more info when you get it. thanks.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby killercars » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:55 pm

yeah... sounds like fun... keep me a"breast"

jhonny
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dmville » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:32 am

I've played in a league the last two years that did this. http://www.mendozabaseball.com. But instead of 1 big pot, everyone gets something back depending on how many games your team won.

Might be good for a few ideas to bring over to this league.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Scott Boras Client » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:37 pm

Yeah, I play Mendoza too. I'm starting a new dynasty league with similar payroll and payout system but incorporating features like signing bonuses for minor-league draftees and free-agent compensation. Check out details here: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=162124
Scott Boras Client
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pjalst » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:42 pm

This sounds interesting. But, instead of a draft, how about an auction using real dollars. You'd have to set a cap to make it fair. For example, a $260 Cap. You can fill your roster with $1 players or you can splurge a little if you have the finances. Lets say the set up is a 25 man roster, with $1 players you can be in with a $25 fee. Of course your chances of winning are slim. But if it's a roto league, prize money can also go to catagory winners and not just the league champ. The winning pot would be determined by the amount owners spend on their teams. I think with real money involved it would keep the price tags of a lot of players down, I can't see too many people wanting to shell out $40 of real money for an A-rod or Pujols( then again you never know). What do you guys think?
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 67)

Next

Return to Classifieds