j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 12, 2006 12:39 pm

This is from the B-Mets beat reporter via Metsblog:

“Pelfrey is absolutely the real deal. Is he major-league ready right now? I don’t know. He’s still needs to get more confidence and command of his off-speed pitches, and he acknowledged that himself…

“His fastball is everything you’ve heard it to be. He was hitting 96–mph in the seventh inning the other day. And he’s got great poise. That’s what a lot of the coaches in the Mets system, that I’ve talked, to love about him – not just his stuff, but he’s got great poise on the mound and off the mound he handles himself very well…

“He’s one of those guys who you watch and know it’s only a matter of time before he’s in the big leagues.”…

Basically just more fluff but I never get tired reading this kind of stuff. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 14, 2006 2:34 pm

I won't post the whole thing because it's long but here's another good Pelfrey article from the NY Daily News.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 14, 2006 7:28 pm

Ugh. Pelfrey was off today too. This hasn't been the Mets week. Luckily tomorrow starts a new one.

IP 5 ER 3 H 7 BB 4 SO 3 and 1 HBP
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 15, 2006 11:25 am

Picture of Pelfrey from NYFS.

Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 am

More fluff. :-)

Throughout the process, the Mets have been of almost one mind about Pelfrey/New York/2006, and that is "when," not "if." The timetable merely is accelerating. There is a growing sense Pelfrey will be promoted as early as June.

Daily News
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 16, 2006 12:51 pm

Amazinz wrote:More fluff. :-)

Throughout the process, the Mets have been of almost one mind about Pelfrey/New York/2006, and that is "when," not "if." The timetable merely is accelerating. There is a growing sense Pelfrey will be promoted as early as June.

Daily News

Not a bad article. I'd love to see this kid pitch.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby DK » Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:Picture of Pelfrey from NYFS.

I can only imagine what he's thinking.

"Nyah! Nyah! You can't hit me!"
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat May 20, 2006 12:36 pm

Watch how he does today. If he does OK he will be pitching against Brett Myers next week.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 20, 2006 12:44 pm

One part of me would love for you to be right but I don't think it's likely. Pelfrey still needs work on his breaking stuff and Soler (and maybe Evan MacLane) are likely to get their shot before Pelfrey IMHO. :-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to New York Mets