Yankees Exercise Sturtze Option for 2006 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Yankees Exercise Sturtze Option for 2006

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yankees Exercise Sturtze Option for 2006

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:50 pm

Yankees exercised RHP Tanyon Sturtze's $1.5 million club option for 2006.
From how he's talked about, you'd never know Sturtze has a 5.10 ERA since joining the Yankees in May 2004. It's not hurting anything that he's being kept, but one of the club's goals this winter should be to create a pen in which Sturtze won't be used to protect leads. Nov. 15 - 5:54 pm et

I agree with Rotoworld for once. I don't mind Sturtze at that price, but I want him in a mopup role. He should not be the 7th inning guy. Hopefully we beef up the bullpen enough so that he assumes almost a Wayne Franklin-type role.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:59 am

My opinion is that Sturtze was simply majorly overworked. He did a fine job until he tired later in the season.

A good move by the Yanks and I do believe he's capable of being more than a mop-up guy.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:56 am

blankman wrote:My opinion is that Sturtze was simply majorly overworked. He did a fine job until he tired later in the season.

A good move by the Yanks and I do believe he's capable of being more than a mop-up guy.

Maybe but I don't want them to take that chance. Hopefully the pen is so good going into next season, he'll start off in the mopup role and whatever else he can give us is bonus.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Return to New York Yankees