Current Event: Teen Kills GF's Parents - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Current Event: Teen Kills GF's Parents

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:35 pm

logan wrote:they won't say or blame anyone. there is no opportunity in it. they will say it's a real tragedy for both families and move along. it will be blown up in the media but then what isn't.

My only point is that there really never is anything specific to blame when something like this happens. It's just too bad, and extremely unfortunate.

This kid will probably get the death penalty.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:48 pm

Coppermine wrote:This kid will probably get the death penalty.

he should but i don't see that happening. as i said him bringing a gun there with him imediately implies premeditation and as such this automaticly gets him charged with murder one. i think the state will try to go for it but i think he will end up with either life or in an asylum somewhere on a temp insanity plea or will try to plea down to murder 2 or man 1 if the defense can prove he didn't go there to kill them.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:51 pm

logan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:This kid will probably get the death penalty.

he should but i don't see that happening. as i said him bringing a gun there with him imediately implies premeditation and as such this automaticly gets him charged with murder one. i think the state will try to go for it but i think he will end up with either life or in an asylum somewhere on a temp insanity plea or will try to plea down to murder 2 or man 1 if the defense can prove he didn't go there to kill them.

That's a good point... and Pennsylvania isn't Texas, but it's not Vermont either. I think it could go either way.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:58 pm

I'm actually a little tired of people saying religion, environmental influences, etc. are the reasons for some of these violent crimes. I think some people need to own up to the fact that sometimes people just snap when they don't get their way.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:00 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:I'm actually a little tired of people saying religion, environmental influences, etc. are the reasons for some of these violent crimes. I think some people need to own up to the fact that sometimes people just snap when they don't get their way.

You hit the nail on the head. Sometimes people just snap... everyone's always so quick to point the finger.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:00 pm

Ride the lightning
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby logan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:01 pm

Coppermine wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:I'm actually a little tired of people saying religion, environmental influences, etc. are the reasons for some of these violent crimes. I think some people need to own up to the fact that sometimes people just snap when they don't get their way.

You hit the nail on the head. Sometimes people just snap... everyone's always so quick to point the finger.

this is becasue we as a society don't want to believe that it's something that we are doing or not doing. it's easier to shift balme then to lay it on those who deserve it.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:44 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
Coppermine wrote: He was homeschooled (as well as his 14-year-old girlfriend).

Far be it from me to make any sweeping generalizations, but all the REAL freaky-freakies I've met in my life have been home-schooled. If the parents are a little nuts themselves and the kids have no other outlet for acquiring social attitudes and behaviors, they can turn out to be real whackos.

so true
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:31 pm

The husband was nary a few hundred feet away from me just last week. The printing company that the article says he works for is called Cadmus. They are one of our biggest journal printers, and he was our personal rep from their company. He was in St. Louis for a big annual review last week. Lots of people in my office area knew had a very close business relationship with him.

Small, small world... :,-(
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:33 pm

logan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

this is becasue we as a society don't want to believe that it's something that we are doing or not doing. it's easier to shift balme then to lay it on those who deserve it.

But aren't you shifting blame when you don't put it squarely on the criminal perpetrator(s)?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk