Who would won if Ali has fought Bruce Lee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who would won if Ali has fought Bruce Lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

who would win?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:17 pm

Ali
37%
Lee
63%

Total votes : 35

Postby WharfRat » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:24 pm

Yoda wrote:Anyone who thinks Bruce Lee was just a movie fighter is dreaming. He was the real deal.

In a street fight, it would have been a lot closer than you think. The ONLY reason why I think Ali has the advantage is due to his reach. One of Bruce Lee's toughest opponents was Karim Abdul Jabar due to his superior reach. Lee couldn't touch him.

Until he discovered his weakness...groin shots.

1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bacdaheckup » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:05 am

This is ridiculous. How many of you have seriously trained in MA? I have teenagers I instruct
that I'd take in a second over an older boxer.
bacdaheckup
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Half Massed » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:46 am

A lot of you guys are forgetting that MA is a lot more than scuffling with technique. I can guarantee that Lee knew a lot more about his body and how to use it than Ali did. Some of it depends whether they start toe to toe or from a distance. Toe to toe, Ali would probably be able to land a good punch before Lee could knock his legs out, but if they start from a distance Ali would not know how to handle a flying kick of any sort coming right for him.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stevethumb » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:14 pm

Half Massed wrote:A lot of you guys are forgetting that MA is a lot more than scuffling with technique. I can guarantee that Lee knew a lot more about his body and how to use it than Ali did. Some of it depends whether they start toe to toe or from a distance. Toe to toe, Ali would probably be able to land a good punch before Lee could knock his legs out, but if they start from a distance Ali would not know how to handle a flying kick of any sort coming right for him.
...you can't be serious...ali blocked punches from all speeds and directions from the best boxers in the world for 20 yrs...defending a kick from 6 feet away would be no problem...seriously, wouldn't one bare knuckle punch from arguably the greatest fighter of all time inflict considerable damage on a 170 lb guy...ali took thunderous punches from joe frazier ron lyle ernie shavers george foreman...blee's kicks would be no problem
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:33 pm

I don't know how anyone would vote against Ali. Anyone who could lay a beatdown on Superman would easily smack Lee around like a little punk.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to General Talk