100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Oh Shining Light !!!!!

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Oh Shining Light !!!!!

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:32 pm

nice readhere from fox sports on the future of the drays
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d-ray07 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:03 am

I read that article when it came out. It sounds about right, except he forgot about Gathright. It could be even brighter if Huff, Baez, and Hall are able to be traded for top prospects.
d-ray07
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:43 pm

d-ray07 wrote:I read that article when it came out. It sounds about right, except he forgot about Gathright. It could be even brighter if Huff, Baez, and Hall are able to be traded for top prospects.

With Baldelli, Crawford, and Young firmly embedded as our outfield of the future, we really have no need for Gathright. I just hope that a trade involving Gathright could possibly bring us some pitching.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby d-ray07 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:14 pm

I know Crawford and Young are pretty much sure bets to be stars in the outfield, but I'm not yet sure about Baldelli. We don't know yet how he will play after his injuries, he also had problems with his legs near the end of 2004. Gathright has huge potential not only as a leadoff hitter, but as a good defender with AMAZING range. Having him and Crawford in the outfield would greatly help our pitchers. It would have to be a great offer to trade him, I think.
d-ray07
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:27 pm

d-ray07 wrote: Gathright has huge potential not only as a leadoff hitter, but as a good defender with AMAZING range..

What Gathright have you seen play???? I have never seen good defense out of him, even though he does have great speed, he gets bad jumps and is just plain lazy.
raiders_umpire

Postby d-ray07 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:27 pm

I have only seen him play twice, so most of my judgement is from articles with statements of coaches and teammates regarding Gathright. I have heard that he makes mistakes, but he is young and one of the(if not THE fastest) players in the Majors, so he may not be a great defender right now, but he definitely has the potential, and I believe his range and lack of total ineptitude with the glove make him a good defender.
d-ray07
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:13 pm

If Baldelli, Crawford and DY are the OF of the future, then I agree that Gathright needs to be traded. His value only goes down the longer he stays in the minors. If he can bring someone like Olsen now, you have to make that trade.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 am

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:If Baldelli, Crawford and DY are the OF of the future, then I agree that Gathright needs to be traded. His value only goes down the longer he stays in the minors. If he can bring someone like Olsen now, you have to make that trade.

Where the heck have you been at????

Welcome back ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:02 pm

Thanks. One of the "great" things about my job are the "great" opportunities to experience new cultures for, oh, 3 months at a time. Suffice to say, this business trip is over and I'm back home for at least 3 months, meaning just enough time to start prepping for fantasy before my draft in mid-March. I feel like I'm catching up since I had limited opportunity to do anything other than read the transactions on ESPN.com.

I actually checked here to see whether the rumors of Tampa asking for more than Marte in a Lugo deal were true. Seems like they weren't - thankfully, b/c if so, we'd just have a younger version of Lamar.

Anyway, new policy at the firm is that I can't access this site at work, so only able to read up at night. But, nice to be back and looking forward to getting up to speed on the Rays and fantasy baseball in general.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Return to Tampa Bay Rays