My new Dynasty team. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My new Dynasty team.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My new Dynasty team.

Postby rotterdam_82 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:11 pm

A little under 2 months ago I inherited a salary cap dynasty team. A few trades later I'm not in bad shape.....

C- Brian McCann
1B- Paul Konerko
2B- Rickie Weeks
SS- Miguel Tejada
3B- Scott Rolen
CI- David Ortiz
MI- Todd Walker
LF- Brian Giles
CF- Coco Crisp
RF- Jose Guillen
UTIL- JJ Hardy
UTIL- Mark Grudzielanek
Bench- Daryle Ward
Bench- Jason Kendall
Bench- Erubiel Durazo

SP- Mark Buehrle
SP- CC.Sabathia
SP- Matt Morris
SP- Brad Penny
SP- Jarod Washburn
SP- Jake Westbrook

Closer- Billy Wagner
Closer- Eddie Guardado
Setup- Tom Gordon
Setup- Mike Timlin
Setup- Brandon Lyon

Minor League System-

Delmon Young
Billy Butler
Kendry Morales
Jeff Baker
Adam Wainwright
Todd Coffey
Brad Nelson
Reid Brignac
Mike Ferris
Chris Lambert

What do you think to that, any moves you would concider? I'm looking for a couple of cheap bench hitters such as Emile Brown, Tony Clark, Xavier Nady and Klesko during the winter.

Good future or built for now?
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GoatCurse03 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:11 pm

If you could post the scoring system, that would help. It looks like at least a 6x6 (with holds and OPS?) or points league-- or you would not have the set up guys.

The RPs are good and you have good power in Konerko, Ortiz, Tejada and Rolen (assuming he comes back strong), and a solid OF. The pitching is lacking some gas, so you will likely not finish in the top half in K's unless Penny comes around. That's still a pretty good collection, though I'd look to get a stud SP so you can have one you run out there each week without having to think about it.

And you don't have much speed (Weeks and Crisp might get 40 SBs between them), almost punting SBs, which will adversely affect R's, too. So you probably want to trade some power for SP and speed.

Young alone would make most teams minor league roster very good, but you have some other pretty good prospects that could be useful in plugging the items above. Overall, having inherited a team, I'd say you've probably done a decent job fixing up a team that may have been a bit neglected by a lame duck owner.
GoatCurse03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:28 pm

i like it, you don't have a too many injury prone players and you have a few young studs. i think you should focus on get a little more pop in your lineup.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:13 pm

GoatCurse03 wrote:If you could post the scoring system, that would help. It looks like at least a 6x6 (with holds and OPS?) or points league-- or you would not have the set up guys.

The RPs are good and you have good power in Konerko, Ortiz, Tejada and Rolen (assuming he comes back strong), and a solid OF. The pitching is lacking some gas, so you will likely not finish in the top half in K's unless Penny comes around. That's still a pretty good collection, though I'd look to get a stud SP so you can have one you run out there each week without having to think about it.

And you don't have much speed (Weeks and Crisp might get 40 SBs between them), almost punting SBs, which will adversely affect R's, too. So you probably want to trade some power for SP and speed.

Young alone would make most teams minor league roster very good, but you have some other pretty good prospects that could be useful in plugging the items above. Overall, having inherited a team, I'd say you've probably done a decent job fixing up a team that may have been a bit neglected by a lame duck owner.

You've pretty much mirrored my thoughts. It was tough work getting the team to a reasonable place. It's a points league, so I'm not too fussed if I don't have any base stealers.

Trade 1-

I gave RJ, Baldelli, Rivera and got B.Giles, Konerko and Guardado

Trade 2-

I gave Mulder, Baez and got Big Papi and Billy Wagner

Trade 3-

I gave Cliff Floyd, Craig Wilson and got CC.Sabathia and a 5th round draft pick

I'm realy not sure what I could move for a pitcher. Seeing as it's points based I guess it doesn't matter where those points come from. I'm new to a points league so any advice would be great.....

;-D
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:05 pm

I like Delmon getting plugged into that lineup. Looks nice.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team