Watcha think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Watcha think?

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:04 pm

LooseCannon wrote:Mmoney, You should have waited to enter that D-Train sig it's absolutely amazing...

Thanks.

Menyak, are pre-mades allowed? I'd probably make something new, but just wondering.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:10 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:Mmoney, You should have waited to enter that D-Train sig it's absolutely amazing...

Thanks.

Menyak, are pre-mades allowed? I'd probably make something new, but just wondering.

What do you mean pre-mades? Do you mean something that's already out there in use?

If that's your question then the answer is no. Need something new and fresh that nobody knows is your work.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:24 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

Thanks.

What do you mean pre-mades? Do you mean something that's already out there in use?

If that's your question then the answer is no. Need something new and fresh that nobody knows is your work.

Not necessarily in use, but something that someone may have made before and just had sitting on their computer. I didn't really plan on doing that because everything I have has basically been seen before, but just wanted to clarify it. I agree with that being a "no" though.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby menyak » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:22 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

Thanks.

Wouldn't have known the answer myself, but that makes a lot of sense. Let's not make it too scientific, but the general idea is that the vote is more or less anonymous, so you shouldn't participate with a sig where everyone knows that it's your's in the first place.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby menyak » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:27 pm

leal72 wrote:I like the classes

- 12k, no animations
- full size, animations
- full size, no animations

Again, the question is if we can't toss out "full size, no animations" - if everyone really digs three categories, we can do it, but fewer categories will definitley help increase the value of the actual titles.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:35 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

Thanks.

Not necessarily in use, but something that someone may have made before and just had sitting on their computer. I didn't really plan on doing that because everything I have has basically been seen before, but just wanted to clarify it. I agree with that being a "no" though.

who would know?
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:33 pm

does that early may part for baseball mean we wouldnt do this until may :~(
Crimedogg32
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseball6791 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:27 am

menyak wrote:

- 12k, no animations
- full size, animations

Again, the question is if we can't toss out "full size, no animations" - if everyone really digs three categories, we can do it, but fewer categories will definitley help increase the value of the actual titles.

I think that we should ditch the 12k no animations category since any sigs made for the full size no animations can just be downsized to fit under 12 kb.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:26 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
menyak wrote:

- 12k, no animations
- full size, animations

I think that we should ditch the 12k no animations category since any sigs made for the full size no animations can just be downsized to fit under 12 kb.

Well that's the point.. we want ot have a realistic award to see who's sig looks the best for the Cafe.
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:15 pm

here are some ideas... :-B

let's make this contest H2H. B-) let's see how many guys have replied to the contest thread saying that they would be interested in participating:

LooseCannon
da1chipo
go_jays_go
_Simulacrum_
RynMan
baseball6791
bigh0rt
leal72
RyanK
sfgfan4life
gogogadget
MMoNeY24
Crimedogg32
menyak
kimchi_chigae
mustangs might also participate if we twist his arm.

that's 16 right there. let's make a bracket and have these guys face each other. say bigh0rt faces leal72 in the first round and whoever gets more votes on that matchup gets the winner of say...MMoNeY24 and RynMan in the 2nd Round.

each round we would have a different theme. we can decide this later or let the mod decide himself and annouce the theme a week or two before the deadline to submit the sig. a first round theme could be current shortstops, then in the second round we could have a AL East theme and so on.

each artist must submit only one sig per round and the sig should be PMed to the moderator. the mod then sets up the matchup, but does not post the name of the author of the sigs, those would be revealed at the end of the voting period for each particular matchup.

this contest would have to fit the cafe sig limit. IMHO 12k or full size won't make much of a difference on how the artist makes the sig, they are prolly gonna be made the same way and one of the two he will choose to downsize to 12k, but as we can see with MMoNeY24's current dontrelle willis sig, you can still do some pretty amazing work under 12k. if anything, 12k should be harder to make than a full size sig, this is a contest, so let the best artists shine.

let's say we have a field of 16 for the contest. the two finalists would have to make 4 sigs to win the tourney. we would get to see more of the artist's works on different themes. we could also add a repechage round for those knocked off the first round still have a chance of winning the contest.

perhaps we could set up another forum just for this battle and the whole contest would take about 2 months depending on how much time we give the artists to make a sig for each round. most of us are cafe regulars, so i don't think 2 months would be a problem.

;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests