AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:12 pm

I'm frankly ecstatic that the Eagles stood up to TO and put him in his place ;-D ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:15 pm

blankman wrote:I'm frankly ecstatic that the Eagles stood up to TO and put him in his place ;-D ;-D

;-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 3 run homer » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:16 pm

ehh, i seriously wish this guy would go away. Here's my take on this situation. Once TO started talking trash after superbowl last season I'm sure what ever NFL teams use as HR, started keeping a list of his not so cool behavior. So if it came to this they would have their butts covered. Then once he started whining about his contract and declared he would sit out of training camp, the ball really started rollin. And it definately wasn't the favre comment that was the last straw, it was the fight with Hugh Douglas and challenging/threatening the entire team.
I dare you go into your office or class and stand on top of your desk and call everyone pussies and then say I'm gonna kick all your asses. See how fast trouble finds you.

Trading deadline is over so he will serve out his suspension and then be made inactive. Much like the Keyshawn incident in tampon bay a couple years ago.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:18 pm

3 run homer wrote:Much like the Keyshawn incident in tampon bay a couple years ago.

Is that near maxi pad inlet?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:21 pm

3 run homer wrote:Trading deadline is over so he will serve out his suspension and then be made inactive. Much like the Keyshawn incident in tampon bay a couple years ago.

While I like seeing a big mouth like TO getting put in his place as much as the next guy, I don't think that this is like the Keyshawn incident.

Keyshawn was happy to sit out the rest of the season, TO wants to play and will fight for his right to play with the Sheagles or with some other team.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:29 pm

Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 3 run homer » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:35 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
3 run homer wrote:Trading deadline is over so he will serve out his suspension and then be made inactive. Much like the Keyshawn incident in tampon bay a couple years ago.

While I like seeing a big mouth like TO getting put in his place as much as the next guy, I don't think that this is like the Keyshawn incident.

Keyshawn was happy to sit out the rest of the season, TO wants to play and will fight for his right to play with the Sheagles or with some other team.

Sure their attitudes are different, a little bit, but the outcome will be the same.
Even if arbitration goes in favor of this clown, and suspension is overturned, he most likely will be immediately declared inactive. If that's not a viable outcome, then I'm sure the Phily organization will simply not play him and maybe even ask him to not even show up for parctice or games.
One of these days these egotisical players will realize that they don't own the keys to the kingdom the owners do. You just can't beat the man in these types of situations.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:51 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:The stuff that they suspended him for was stupid.

Michael Irvin made the comment that the Eagles would be undefeated with Favre as QB and asked TO whether he agreed with that statement and he said yes - how is that "calling out the QB"?

Owens has been fighting with McNabb since last year, it wasn't just his most recent comments that led to his suspension.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:52 pm

Coppermine wrote:Image
:-D :-D :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:57 pm

blankman wrote:I'm frankly ecstatic that the Eagles stood up to TO and put him in his place ;-D ;-D

Me too.
I gurantee Rosenhaus didn't see it coming.. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk