AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:22 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Mook, I think you are overlooking that this was an accumulation of things over time rather than just these recent items. I may be incorrect on this, but I think there is a "conduct detrimental to the team" clause in his contract somewhere. I'd say that everything up to this point qualifies for that, though it is a broad term.

Yes there is a "conduct detrimental to the team" clause in his contract but I believe that the max penalty for this pursuant to the CBA is a 4 game suspension. He fully deserves this suspension.

They have then said that they are sending him home after that. This is a further penalty for his detrimental conduct that they probably aren't allowed to give him. This is different from Keyshawn in that KJ wanted out and he didn't want to come back to the team. TO wants to come back and the Eagles' actions are probably a breach of contract.

My point was that the Eagles have no one to blame but themselves b/c TO hasn't changed his behaviour at all - they knew what they were getting. And now they want to use a greater penalty than what they negotiated in his contract.

I don't see any problem with this. The max suspension they can give him is 4 games. Fine. Then it's certainly their perogative to pay him to not play. There are guys every week who are inactive for the games. Why can't TO be one of those guys for the rest of the season? I hope they don't have to cut him so he can do nothing the rest of the year. Screw him.

There's a difference b/w being inactive for health or skill reasons and being inactive for discipline. The Collective Bargaining Agreement states that for discipline reasons you can suspend a player for 4 games. The Eagles agreed to this. They are not claiming that he will be inactive because of health or that there are better WRs on the team, they basically want to suspend him for 8 games as discipline and that is not a punishment that the Eagles and TO agreed to when his contract was signed.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:23 am

I love TO, but I hate the Eagles with a passion being Giants fan (almost as much as the Red Sox for baseball). While I don't agree with most of his actions that he took and has taken, I have no objections to him straying further and further away from Philly. ;-D
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:28 am

yeah i just think the punishment is excessive, but other than being a snot, what has he done? he plays hard, practices hard, and always delivers. just feel like he's being cheated. don't get me wrong, you never call out another players who plays as hurt and bust his ass as much as mcnabb, but you can't silence a guy who loves to talk. i personally feel for owens that the eagles didn't celebrate his 100 touchdown because most teams in every sport acknowledge tough accomplishments.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:33 am

He's a great player but he has to learn to keep his mouth shut.

I find it funny that they say Min would be interested in him. Didn't they just get rid of Moss?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby stevethumb » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:49 am

eftda used to have t.o. in his sig..he must be a fan..
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:13 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:There's a difference b/w being inactive for health or skill reasons and being inactive for discipline. The Collective Bargaining Agreement states that for discipline reasons you can suspend a player for 4 games. The Eagles agreed to this. They are not claiming that he will be inactive because of health or that there are better WRs on the team, they basically want to suspend him for 8 games as discipline and that is not a punishment that the Eagles and TO agreed to when his contract was signed.

It's not really a suspension per se if he's still getting paid. They're just saying that their team is better off if he's not there. I can't say I disagree with the reasoning or the method.

Honestly, what I'd like to see is an arbitrator say that they have to let him come back. So he comes back to practice, the Eagles put a bounty on him, and the defensive player (heck, sign Hugh Douglas to the practice squad and suit him up) who takes TO out gets a $50K bonus. That would be awesome. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:15 pm

T.O. makes me laugh he's the most entertaining football player ever...haha
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby eftda » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:32 pm

stevethumb wrote:eftda used to have t.o. in his sig..he must be a fan..

T.O. all the way ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:35 pm

I think they're trying to set an example, or at least make an example out of T.O. You act like a jerk and like your s**t don't stink, and at some point you're going to be held accountable.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:43 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I find it funny that they say Min would be interested in him. Didn't they just get rid of Moss?

The theory that they cut Moss because of his discipline issues went out the window the moment they picked up Koren Robinson.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk