AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There....

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:04 am

Man, he messed up, but does he deserve the crap he gets? I think he's getting to much coverage for being an ass. I like his character and as fan I appreciate the excitement. I'll be real glad when he leave philly. Philly fans are the worse. I lived in Philly for a few years and the just don't appreciate any of their teams and they're quick to curse and name call. What kills me most about the media, a lot Eagle Fans and TO haters out there is the fact they dispute that the Eagles are worse off with him. How is it possible? I can't think of 2 better recievers in the NFL I'd take over him. I'm waiting to see where he ends up next.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AnyTerrell Owens Fans Out There....

Postby Phatferd » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:27 am

bronxxbomber wrote:Man, he messed up, but does he deserve the crap he gets? I think he's getting to much coverage for being an ass. I like his character and as fan I appreciate the excitement. I'll be real glad when he leave philly. Philly fans are the worse. I lived in Philly for a few years and the just don't appreciate any of their teams and they're quick to curse and name call. What kills me most about the media, a lot Eagle Fans and TO haters out there is the fact they dispute that the Eagles are worse off with him. How is it possible? I can't think of 2 better recievers in the NFL I'd take over him. I'm waiting to see where he ends up next.

Chad Johnson and Randy Moss.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:52 am

There is no question the Eagles made the right move here. Terrell Owens works for them, it's not the other way around. Starting fights with your teammates, and calling out your quarterback (the franchise player and fan favourite), is not the way to go. I mean who renegotiates a 7 year contract, 1 year after signing it anyway?
If the Eagles didn't make a stand after this, Owens would know he could just walk all over them and get anything he wanted. One player doesn't make the team, the team makes the team. The sooner he gets to realizing that fact, the more money he will get.
Great teams have chemistry, and the Eagles realized that with Owens there, they were just divided.
I applaud the Eagles management for having the guts to do something that many teams wouldn't. Owens is finally getting what he deserves. What's going to happen to this guy in 5 years when his skills diminish to that of an average NFL player? Who is going to want him? Many star players prolong their careers by being good teammates and supporting the development of younger players. NFL teams see this guy as a "cancer," and it is definitely is for good reason. Seems like Owens and Rosenhaus really aren't looking too far into the future.

As for where he ends up next, I see Atlanta as a possibility.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:44 am

TO needs to remember that he is the employee not employer
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:03 am

The stuff that they suspended him for was stupid.

Michael Irvin made the comment that the Eagles would be undefeated with Favre as QB and asked TO whether he agreed with that statement and he said yes - how is that "calling out the QB"?

I'm not sure what to think about his comments about the organization. 100 receiving TDs is a big thing and only 5 others have done it in the history of the NFL and it tied him with Tim Brown and Seattle legend Steve Largent. They comemorate individual acheivements in other sports and on other teams. If TO did not know that the Eagles had a policy of not celebrating individual records he had a right to be angry b/c it looks like they were trying to punish him but if he did know, then he just acted like a jerk. (as an aside - I agree that it is pretty classless of the organization to not recognize indiviual acheivements like this).

The Eagles knew what they were getting when they signed him. He is arrogant, does not mince words, and has absolutely zero tact. They knew that so the time to take a stand on these issues was when they were negotiating. They didn't so they should have to live with their mistake.

They are now trying to cut him for some pretty minor stuff when in reality they want to correct a mistake that they made.

They should be forced to cut him so that he can play somewhere else....if anyone else wants to risk signing him.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:04 am

I'm glad the Eagles grew some balls and stood up to TO. He's a nothing but a nuisance and a distracting, and althoug the Eagles may not better off without him on the field specifically, as a team, they are.

So how many of you get to go to work... call your boss a dick, insult your most important colleague publicly and start a fight with a co-worker... and then demand for a raise?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 am

Mook, I think you are overlooking that this was an accumulation of things over time rather than just these recent items. I may be incorrect on this, but I think there is a "conduct detrimental to the team" clause in his contract somewhere. I'd say that everything up to this point qualifies for that, though it is a broad term.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:06 am

RugbyD wrote:Mook, I think you are overlooking that this was an accumulation of things over time rather than just these recent items. I may be incorrect on this, but I think there is a "conduct detrimental to the team" clause in his contract somewhere. I'd say that everything up to this point qualifies for that, though it is a broad term.

Yes there is a "conduct detrimental to the team" clause in his contract but I believe that the max penalty for this pursuant to the CBA is a 4 game suspension. He fully deserves this suspension.

They have then said that they are sending him home after that. This is a further penalty for his detrimental conduct that they probably aren't allowed to give him. This is different from Keyshawn in that KJ wanted out and he didn't want to come back to the team. TO wants to come back and the Eagles' actions are probably a breach of contract.

My point was that the Eagles have no one to blame but themselves b/c TO hasn't changed his behaviour at all - they knew what they were getting. And now they want to use a greater penalty than what they negotiated in his contract.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby WharfRat » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:08 am

From what I can understand, there's a reasonable probability that the league forces the Eagles to cut him after the 4-game suspension, which I think is right, simply because there are rules in place for discipline. I think TO deserves the worst punishment they can mete out, but that previously-agreed-upon punishment is a 4-game suspension without pay for the worst infractions. You can't agree on a maximum suspension, and then override it by deactivating a guy.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Mook, I think you are overlooking that this was an accumulation of things over time rather than just these recent items. I may be incorrect on this, but I think there is a "conduct detrimental to the team" clause in his contract somewhere. I'd say that everything up to this point qualifies for that, though it is a broad term.

Yes there is a "conduct detrimental to the team" clause in his contract but I believe that the max penalty for this pursuant to the CBA is a 4 game suspension. He fully deserves this suspension.

They have then said that they are sending him home after that. This is a further penalty for his detrimental conduct that they probably aren't allowed to give him. This is different from Keyshawn in that KJ wanted out and he didn't want to come back to the team. TO wants to come back and the Eagles' actions are probably a breach of contract.

My point was that the Eagles have no one to blame but themselves b/c TO hasn't changed his behaviour at all - they knew what they were getting. And now they want to use a greater penalty than what they negotiated in his contract.

I don't see any problem with this. The max suspension they can give him is 4 games. Fine. Then it's certainly their perogative to pay him to not play. There are guys every week who are inactive for the games. Why can't TO be one of those guys for the rest of the season? I hope they don't have to cut him so he can do nothing the rest of the year. Screw him.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to General Talk