Cafe Poker Tournament? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cafe Poker Tournament?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cafe Poker Tournament?

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:34 pm

I know that this has been tried before, and there have been Cafe poker nights...a failed tournament this summer, etc.

However, I'm proposing something different...a one night tournament. As many players as we can get from the Cafe, we pick a night and play a tournament with all Cafe folk.

I've spoke to Pokerstars support, and have been informed that the cheapest we can go is 10/1. I'm fine with that, that seems to be the cheapest we can do it for.

I think it would be a lot of fun...if there is another site that is better for hosting, we could do it there, but I figure Pokerstars is as good as any at this point.

So if you want in, send me a PM, and I'll give everyone details as they come. Ten bucks might sound like a bit much to some at first, cheap to others, but I think it is a price point that anyone will be able to afford. It's probably going to be a one time thing, so don't miss out!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:36 pm

If we can get a few, and it doesn't look like this is going to blow up in my face, (which I think it might, I give the odds no better than 50/50 at this point) I'll post in the other 3 forums as well. If we could get 20-30 Cafer's I think this would be a blast!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:41 pm

I'm in if we play for fun... not quite ready to lose my money to some of you poker veterans out there, I'm a bit of a novice, but I love to play.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:43 pm

I'm in for play or for $10, subject to my availability compared to others' schedules.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:46 pm

RugbyD wrote:I'm in for play or for $10, subject to my availability compared to others' schedules.

Of course. PM me so I can better keep track of this if you will. Once (if) we get enough interest then we will worry about the date.

So if you are interested, post here to show your interest and shoot me a PM. ;-D

So far...

Pokerplaya
Rugby D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:01 pm

I'd be interested but I probably won't be able to find the time to play
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:04 pm

acsguitar wrote:I'd be interested but I probably won't be able to find the time to play

I'm assuming it's going to be some random night of the week, probably around 9-10 PM EST (is my best guess) as to accommodate folks on the west coast as well. Either that, or maybe a Sunday night...problem with that is football.

So, if you want, I'll add you to the list right now. If this actually gets off the ground, I'm sure we're going to lose a few people due to the time it's going to be. Not everyone will be able to be accommodated. That said, hopefully we will retain most. Obviously you're not going to be held to playing if you can't make it. :-D

So far...

Pokerplaya
RugbyD
ACS
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby bigken117 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:49 pm

is there a minimum deposit required to play @ pokerstars? I would play, but I don't want to open another real money account for $50 if I don't have to. (I play on Pokerroom)

Perhaps we just play for bragging rights, and an icon? Weekly poker champ?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:03 pm

I'm all in ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:56 pm

bigken117 wrote:is there a minimum deposit required to play @ pokerstars? I would play, but I don't want to open another real money account for $50 if I don't have to. (I play on Pokerroom)

Perhaps we just play for bragging rights, and an icon? Weekly poker champ?

Minimum buy in is 25. I hear what you're saying, and maybe it will come down to that...but for now, I'm going to see if we can get a group. If you do decide to play, (which I really hope you do) the 25 is not much more than the 10 dollar buy in anyways...if it is a success, there will prob be others and you can save the remainder for that (or you could win the first one and cash out big ;-D

So far:

Pokerplaya
Rugby
ACS
Simulacrum
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Next

Return to General Talk