Fence the entire U.S.-Mexican border? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fence the entire U.S.-Mexican border?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Laean » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:19 am

several things popped into my head reading this thread:

1) that fence idea is stupid. it reminds me of a modern day Great Wall of China, which just cost decades, thousands of lives, and God know how much money to build. did it work to keep out the raiders? nope.

2) dude, the comments generalizing illegal aliens as murderers and rapists is pretty harsh. i don't like them or hate them either way, but most that i've seen are here just to flat out work.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:45 am

This is the wall that Israel has built to keep out the free flow of palesinian terrorists from entering their country. I don't think the wall is a dumb idea as some have said, It could be one part of a comprehensive plan to solve the illegal issue.

It is obvious that both political parties have something to gain by ignoring this issue, and the American people are the ones who lose.

Americans lose in a few ways by ignoring this issue:

1) Islamic terrorists can easily access the country

2) Illegals use "free" services and all Americans end up paying for it through higher taxes

3) American wages are artificially suppressed. If there was a shortage of workers in the industries that hire illegals, they would have to pay higher wages thus attracting legal Americans to those jobs. I don't buy the argument that they do jobs that Americans don't want...if they paid enough, they would get applicants.

Would the wall stop illegals? No, but it would slow it down to a manageble level.
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:42 am

Hey - maybe Israel could pay for our wall!

I mean - since we have given and continue to give that country billions of dollars without plans for repayment, maybe we can just ask them to build us a wall on their dime this time.

Just a thought.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:45 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Hey - maybe Israel could pay for our wall!

I mean - since we have given and continue to give that country billions of dollars without plans for repayment, maybe we can just ask them to build us a wall on their dime this time.

Just a thought.

Great thought. Our annual subsidy to them is low 10 figures, they can tighten the belt a little right?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:51 am

Just a thought.

You know, if you think about it that way, the United States probably technically paid for their wall to be built.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:44 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Image
:-D :-D :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:57 pm

wkelly91 wrote:Image

This is the wall that Israel has built to keep out the free flow of palesinian terrorists from entering their country. I don't think the wall is a dumb idea as some have said, It could be one part of a comprehensive plan to solve the illegal issue.

It is obvious that both political parties have something to gain by ignoring this issue, and the American people are the ones who lose.

Americans lose in a few ways by ignoring this issue:

1) Islamic terrorists can easily access the country

2) Illegals use "free" services and all Americans end up paying for it through higher taxes

3) American wages are artificially suppressed. If there was a shortage of workers in the industries that hire illegals, they would have to pay higher wages thus attracting legal Americans to those jobs. I don't buy the argument that they do jobs that Americans don't want...if they paid enough, they would get applicants.

Would the wall stop illegals? No, but it would slow it down to a manageble level.

OK... Obviously you are not familiar with illegals. I am in real estate development and we use a ton of migrant workers. They do all the jobs that most Americans would never do anyway. How do they use 'free' services? They still need to pay for food, gas, transportation, etc.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:08 pm

Just a thought.

hahahah agreed ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:32 pm

I used to work at a small, regional, general aviation airport... this was before 9/11. One of their biggest things was a flight school. Well, the president of the company that trained pilots would sometimes take in illegals from out of the country and teach them how to fly for cash. These weren't uneducated, migrant workers... they were all very intelligent. We had some guys from Spain and France, Africa, China, etc.

Then there was Tarik, who was Saudi Arabian. Technically, he was born in Chad (the country, not Lincoln) but his father was some sort of Prince in Saudi Arabia and paid for Tarik to learn how to fly.

Now Tarik was hilarious. He was strictly Muslim, but he soon got into the local nightlife, going to bars, getting drunk, and he was notorious for taking home fat chicks. It was hilarious, if she was under 200 lbs, Tarik wasn't interested. And he weighed like 130.

I remember, one morning we all got breakfast... i was working the front desk at the time, and Tarik along with a couple other flight students, instructors and line servicemen. We all got the same thing, some kind of hash browns type breakfast from Bob Evans. Tarik was scarfing it down... he had never had anything so good.

So, one of the guys on line service says "Hey Tarik, you know that has sausage in it?"

He perked all up... "Pork?"

We all looked at him and nodded, trying to hold back a laugh.

He seemed to get all nervous, like Allah was going to smite him on the spot. Of course there was no sausage in it, we were just messing with him. From then on he got teased quite alot, not just for taking liking to fat women, but also for going out and getting drunk (which is against Islam) but freaking out because he thought he ate pork. He was really a great sport about all of it though. We all liked Tarik

Then, soon after 9/11, the FBI came around and deported him. Don't know what he's doing nowadays.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:28 pm

Coppermine wrote:I used to work at a small, regional, general aviation airport... this was before 9/11. One of their biggest things was a flight school. Well, the president of the company that trained pilots would sometimes take in illegals from out of the country and teach them how to fly for cash. These weren't uneducated, migrant workers... they were all very intelligent. We had some guys from Spain and France, Africa, China, etc.

Then there was Tarik, who was Saudi Arabian. Technically, he was born in Chad (the country, not Lincoln) but his father was some sort of Prince in Saudi Arabia and paid for Tarik to learn how to fly.

Now Tarik was hilarious. He was strictly Muslim, but he soon got into the local nightlife, going to bars, getting drunk, and he was notorious for taking home fat chicks. It was hilarious, if she was under 200 lbs, Tarik wasn't interested. And he weighed like 130.

I remember, one morning we all got breakfast... i was working the front desk at the time, and Tarik along with a couple other flight students, instructors and line servicemen. We all got the same thing, some kind of hash browns type breakfast from Bob Evans. Tarik was scarfing it down... he had never had anything so good.

So, one of the guys on line service says "Hey Tarik, you know that has sausage in it?"

He perked all up... "Pork?"

We all looked at him and nodded, trying to hold back a laugh.

He seemed to get all nervous, like Allah was going to smite him on the spot. Of course there was no sausage in it, we were just messing with him. From then on he got teased quite alot, not just for taking liking to fat women, but also for going out and getting drunk (which is against Islam) but freaking out because he thought he ate pork. He was really a great sport about all of it though. We all liked Tarik

Then, soon after 9/11, the FBI came around and deported him. Don't know what he's doing nowadays.

Poor Tarik

Say what you will but as a white cracker I get along with Arabs better then people of other nationalities...

Arabic people are super funny and cool at leasts the ones that I'm friends with.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk