Lets talk trading chips.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lets talk trading chips..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lets talk trading chips..

Postby RynMan » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:47 am

Lets create a list of guys who have the potential to be traded at some point this offseason. Of course everyone can be traded if the price is right, however who are the guys from each team who you wouldn't be surprised to see in another uniform next season.

This is where we need to use our base of homers to check in with some stuff. Group the players by team.

I can tip in the A's guys....HM may have some to add/subtract:

Oakland:

Jay Payton
Barry Zito
Juan Cruz
Keith Ginter
Dan Meyer
Kirk Saarloos
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:08 am

heh. that's 2/3 of tim hudson you've got listed up there. (the useful 2/3, i might add ;-))

i could see the braves moving one of either kelly johnson, ryan langerhans, or andruw jones(8-o). jonny estrada and adam laroche (if they want to move chipper to 1B) could also go.

from the minors, i don't forsee them moving anyone in particular. most of their high-end talent got called up last year, so you'll probably be looking at A or AA players if anyone gets traded.

right now, their main objectives have to be solidifying the bullpen and finding a way to get andy marte in to the lineup.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these guys traded:

Floyd
Cameron
Y. Petit
Hernandez/Keppinger
Kaz
V. Diaz

Milledge's name comes up a lot but it would surprise me, as would the Beltran for Manny rumor.

EDIT: Forgot Trachsel.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:50 am

Constantly on the block for the Royals:

Affeldt or MacDougal
Not so sure if one of them goes in the offseason, but I would be very surprised if one of them doesn't go before the deadline.

Sweeney - Probably another mid-season trade guy but his name always comes up around this time. With Butler, Huber, and Gordon knocking on the door Sweeney will go at some point (and to make GTWMA happy I'll say Pickering is knocking on the door as well).

Gotay - Not sure he has any value left, but Blanco is part of the Royals infield of the future and there isn't really a place to carry Ruben.

Gobble - Hard to believe this guy's stock used to be so high he was deemed untouchable. Has all the makings of a Suppan type pitcher, great mid-rotation guy who just hasn't gelled in KC.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby brandnew » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:11 am

Estrada
LaRoche
Johnson
Langerhans
Marte
James
LeRew
Ramirez
Thomson
Sosa
Giles

Just a few.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Half Massed » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:55 am

Your list looks pretty good Ryn. An addition to it: Kennedy. He struggled a starter and could be gone this year. Meyer is probably the most talented of big three young pitchers we got in deals last offseason, so I don't see management moving him unless we're getting someone we really want. Especially if Zito gets moved.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:06 am

Kevin Towers said the last week .. outside of Peavy, Greene and Linebrink, everybody could get dealt.

I have heard Eatons name alot.
Roberts and Loretta have been talked about.
He would gladly give a way Klesko if someone would just say "Yes".
Burroughs is def. available.
Nady has been offered in trades for the last two years, I don't see why that would change.

I've been hearing Jacque Jones to San Diego for two years now, which makes little of sense, but is bound to happen

In LA
I have heard Jeff Kent's name being mentioned more and more.
Milton Bradley is available.
So is Choi.

In ARZ.
Hairston and Cintron are available.
There has been talk of moving Tracy back to 3B and seeing what they can get for Glaus. Preferably pitching ..

In all, I think that since this seasons free agent market is so weak, There may be alot of trades going down just to fill holes.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:22 am

From Toronto:
Corey Koskie
Eric Hinske
Orlando Hudson
Ted Lilly
Alex Rios
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:51 am

Tavish wrote:Constantly on the block for the Royals:

Affeldt or MacDougal
Not so sure if one of them goes in the offseason, but I would be very surprised if one of them doesn't go before the deadline.

Sweeney - Probably another mid-season trade guy but his name always comes up around this time. With Butler, Huber, and Gordon knocking on the door Sweeney will go at some point (and to make GTWMA happy I'll say Pickering is knocking on the door as well).

Even I have to admit that Pickering's chances are slim and none, and he just sat on slim and crushed him.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby grammysboy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:30 am

Tavish wrote:Constantly on the block for the Royals:

Affeldt or MacDougal

Gotay - Not sure he has any value left, but Blanco is part of the Royals infield of the future and there isn't really a place to carry Ruben.

Gobble - Hard to believe this guy's stock used to be so high he was deemed untouchable. Has all the makings of a Suppan type pitcher, great mid-rotation guy who just hasn't gelled in KC.

Probably right on track, Tav, I think the wind is blowing against Affeldt in the Royals' camp though. Unless he makes it through the winter meetings and really impresses at ST, I'm not sure he even makes the team. McDougal appears to be Buddy Bell's boy.

If you're keeping track of Royals minor league prospects, there are only a couple and they are probably not on the table. Billy Butler is being groomed to come up as soon as they can teach him to play a position. The Bat's there, just not leather to go with it. Alex Gordon spent all summer "holding out" and finally signed and is playing well in the AFL. Royals' GM, Allard Baird, said on the radio last week that neither of these players will be up at the MLB level next season.

Sweeney will be hard to move because of his contract. The Royals are thinking that with all the kids they have on the big team, it may be good to have at least one veteran who has been considered an "All Star" on the team to show them what big league ball is all about. I have to believe they would jump at any offer that pays his salary for the remainder of the contract. That would make room for at least one of the 1B-in-waiting the Royals have.

The Royals have so many problems, I almost feel silly spending this much time writing/thinking about it. They're the home-town team, so I gotta care! :*)
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers