How many games for eligability in yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many games for eligability in yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How many games for eligability in yahoo

Postby kentx12 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:31 pm

I know this has been asked before but I cant find it in here or on Yahoo. What I was wanting to know is Ortiz eligable for 1st base next year?

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:42 pm

How is position eligibility established?
At the beginning of the Fantasy Baseball season, Yahoo! Sports placed all players into positions based in part on information from official rosters, but focusing mainly on past performance. Some players appear in multiple position lists and are eligible to fill any of those positions.

Please note the following conditions that apply to a player's position eligibility.

1. A player's position eligibility will not be adjusted prior to the beginning of the season. (If a player in Spring Training is playing "new" position, that position will not appear until a player has met the criteria for a change.)

2. Players will not lose eligibility at a previously established position at any time. (For example, if a catcher-eligible player begins to play first base exclusively, he will remain eligible at catcher for the entire season.)

3. It is not possible to customize this setting within Custom Leagues. All leagues are subject to the same constraints.

Gaining eligibility at a new position:

If a position player makes five (5) starts or 10 total appearances at a new position during this season, he will become eligible to play that position in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.

Pitchers need to make three starts to become eligible as a starter and five relief appearances to qualify as a reliever.

To find the number of games in which a player has appeared at a certain position, click on their name. You will be taken to their Player Profile. From there, click on the "Career" link. You will be able to view the player's statistics for the season, and the number of games played at each position.

Players will not necessarily be eligible for all positions listed in their Player Profile.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:46 pm

And Ortiz played 10 games at 1B this year. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Re: How many games for eligability in yahoo

Postby hooligan1 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:47 pm

kentx12 wrote:I know this has been asked before but I cant find it in here or on Yahoo. What I was wanting to know is Ortiz eligable for 1st base next year?

It's 5 games and yes, he is eligble. He played 10 games at first.......
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Return to Baseball Leftovers