Bartolo Colon - AL Cy Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bartolo Colon - AL Cy Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:32 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:he wouldn't have been my choice, but he wasn't a bad one. too bad santana didn't get it. here's another instance where wins might be a bit overrated.

Whether they are overrated or not, they're always a key factor in Cy Young voting. Awaiting Carp's hardware tomorrow? :-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:45 pm

The Jury wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:he wouldn't have been my choice, but he wasn't a bad one. too bad santana didn't get it. here's another instance where wins might be a bit overrated.

Whether they are overrated or not, they're always a key factor in Cy Young voting. Awaiting Carp's hardware tomorrow? :-D

hey, carpenter had some damn good numbers overall :-D
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chris8 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Kinda expected Colon to finish ahead of Santana (although I don't agree with it), but for Rivera to finish ahead of him too?!

And only 3 writers put Santana in 1st place?!?! Sometimes I wonder if they're watching the same game as us... X-I
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:42 pm

The Cy Young award is clearly all about wins and nothing else... :-t
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby kentx12 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:44 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote::-t :-t

Now surely you cant be giving the :-t because Rivera didnt win it. I would have gone with Santana over Colon but dont really believe Rivera should even been in the mix. The award should go to a starting pitcher imo not someone who comes in and pitches a few innings a week.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:48 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Wouldn't have been my choice either, but I can see the argument. He was on my fantasy team, and he didn't help it enough. :-b

I definately do not agree on Colon winning it. Santana should have gone back to back.

Why did you quote me? All I said was that I could see the argument. Didn't say I agreed with it....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby DK » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:49 pm

Not a great choice but not a horrible one. Colon had a great year. It wasn't as great as Santana's, granted, but it's not like they gave it to some scrub with a losing record. Like Kevin Millwood, for instance. ;-7
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:52 pm

kentx12 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote::-t :-t

Now surely you cant be giving the :-t because Rivera didnt win it. I would have gone with Santana over Colon but dont really believe Rivera should even been in the mix. The award should go to a starting pitcher imo not someone who comes in and pitches a few innings a week.

not to say i think mo should've won it (i think santana should have) but doesnt a starting pitcher come in and pitch a few innings a week? a closer has to warm up everytime he comes into a game, which is just like throwing another inning. sure a starting pitcher has a larger workload, but it isn't as big as most people think it is. (and colon shouldnt be the picture of durability here :-D ).
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:52 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:
The Jury wrote:

hey, carpenter had some damn good numbers overall :-D

Not better than Clemens.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:08 pm

Boo Colon! :-t :-t :-t
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers