Which Prospect? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Which Prospect?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby garf112 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I dont see Conor Jackson as a big difference maker as a fantasy 1B. Id go with Butler or a guy who may take a bit longer but could really be a difference maker on a fantasy squad.

He needs a utility guy... I think in a 20 team 6X6 dynasty league, you can find a place for a guy with Conor Jackson's stats. considering his SS is Antonio Perez, he could do far worse. I'll take the guy that can help me win now.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:16 pm

garf112 wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:I dont see Conor Jackson as a big difference maker as a fantasy 1B. Id go with Butler or a guy who may take a bit longer but could really be a difference maker on a fantasy squad.

He needs a utility guy... I think in a 20 team 6X6 dynasty league, you can find a place for a guy with Conor Jackson's stats. considering his SS is Antonio Perez, he could do far worse. I'll take the guy that can help me win now.

I was gonna agree w/ Steamers, but you have a good point there, especially since the extra O stat is OBP, right up Conor's alley.

Still, I would be inclined to go w/ Quentin instead of Conor, if I wanted someone to help me very soon. Since the DBacks dealt Glaus away and will move Tracy back to 3B, won't that mean Quentin will likely get the call for RF? I'm not so sure Conor's a better bet to help from 1B than Quentin from RF in 2006. It's not as if Conor did anything during his 2005 MLB stint to show that he really will help anyway. And in the long haul, I'd rather have Quentin than Conor although Conor will likely help the OBP more. I'd rather save that Util slot for somebody like Justin Huber in a later round or sign some veteran bat like maybe Ibanez cheaply for the short term. Given how Conor did in his 05 MLB stint, I'm not that convinced he will help you anymore than a well chosen, cheap veteran bat or two (maybe a platoon or playing the hot hand or something).
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Cleanup13 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:41 am

id go with gordon over stewart, and if not gordon then verlander or butler
Cleanup13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby El Gaupo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:31 am

Jackson's a much better hitter than Butler and plays in a much better park. If your league counts OPS Jackson is clearly someone that can help. There is a remote chance that Jackson will play few times in the OF and have eligibilty there as well... I would not be surprised if Jackson wins ROY and has better numbers than Fielder. Yes..I'm in the tank for Jackson :-B
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brandnew » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Man, this was a while ago, LOL

I took Drew and Verlander, this is what my team looks like now, just for whatever's sake.

C.
1B. Texeira (3)
2B. Freel
3B. Chipper (16)
SS. Carlos Guillen (4)
OF. Andruw Jones (13)
OF. Maggs (7)
OF. Floyd (6)
Util.

Bench- Stairs, Brayan Pena

SP. Sheets (6)
SP. Verlander