Top FA's via ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top FA's via ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:31 am

I think Millar and Mueller may prove to be nice bargains for some team, provided they don't overpay for 2 guys that were on a championship team.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:39 am

If Furcal doesn't sign with the Braves, he's probably going to be a Cub. Which works for me ;-D Konerko may end up in Anaheim.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby slomo007 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:04 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:If Furcal doesn't sign with the Braves, he's probably going to be a Cub. Which works for me ;-D Konerko may end up in Anaheim.


How would the IF look with Furcal? Assuming Aramis at 3b and Furcal at SS, then would it be Walker at 2b or would they sign Nomar to play 2b?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:18 am

slomo007 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:If Furcal doesn't sign with the Braves, he's probably going to be a Cub. Which works for me ;-D Konerko may end up in Anaheim.


How would the IF look with Furcal? Assuming Aramis at 3b and Furcal at SS, then would it be Walker at 2b or would they sign Nomar to play 2b?

They picked up Walkers option, so if they got Furcal I doubt they'd resign Nomar.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:26 am

yeah. the mets would be much better served going after brian giles, but they'll have to fight st. louis for him. he'll be a great signing wherever he lands.

also, the cubs would have an insanely good IF with furcal. i mean, you're talking a-ram//furcal//walker//d. lee. i mean, that's on par with the yankee's IF, easy. might even be as good as that pujols/rolen/career-year-edgar-renteria IF that STL had a few years back.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby slomo007 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:35 am

George_Foreman wrote:yeah. the mets would be much better served going after brian giles, but they'll have to fight st. louis for him. he'll be a great signing wherever he lands.

also, the cubs would have an insanely good IF with furcal. i mean, you're talking a-ram//furcal//walker//d. lee. i mean, that's on par with the yankee's IF, easy. might even be as good as that pujols/rolen/career-year-edgar-renteria IF that STL had a few years back.


I'm assuming you're talking defensively? I would still think Texas's IF of Teixeira, Soriano, Young and Blalock would be better offensively. But yes, it would be a very good IF.

I agree that the Cubs should go after Furcal, they could really use a reliable SS.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:04 pm

Furcal can offer quite a bit to the Mets offensively in the second spot of the order behind Reyes. Both players' stats are nearly identical and the Mets' running game would be blown through the roof.

Also, Furcal has an unbelievable arm that would be wasted at second, but he's also a fantastic defender and he's played 2B before. Like I said, I wouldn't put it past them.

My problem is that the Mets could probably use Beltran in the 2 hole. He's much more productive there, and landing a guy like Konerko would strengthen the Mets' lineup where they need it. Anderson Hernandez is young, but could be an everyday 2B.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:21 pm

slomo007 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:yeah. the mets would be much better served going after brian giles, but they'll have to fight st. louis for him. he'll be a great signing wherever he lands.

also, the cubs would have an insanely good IF with furcal. i mean, you're talking a-ram//furcal//walker//d. lee. i mean, that's on par with the yankee's IF, easy. might even be as good as that pujols/rolen/career-year-edgar-renteria IF that STL had a few years back.


I'm assuming you're talking defensively? I would still think Texas's IF of Teixeira, Soriano, Young and Blalock would be better offensively. But yes, it would be a very good IF.

I agree that the Cubs should go after Furcal, they could really use a reliable SS.
They could use his defense, but more importantly, his speed on the bases and lead-off hitting abilities.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby slomo007 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:22 pm

Though I am not a big Brian Giles fan either, he would be a better fit to hit in the 2nd hole than Furcal. I agree with you that Beltran should be hitting there....but apparently NY is being stubborn about that.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cannonarm21 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:40 pm

I would love to see the Brewers make a run at Washburn or Millwood. I think a veteran would fit in nicely with Sheets,Davis and C.Capuano. I think Washburn is the more likely of the two, because he is from the area an my sign for a little less.

I would also like to see them make a run at Molina. They haven't had any punch from a catcher in a long time. D.Miller would be a great backup since Molina needs his occasional days off.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 562
Joined: 26 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brew City

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact