Top FA's via ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top FA's via ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:31 am

I think Millar and Mueller may prove to be nice bargains for some team, provided they don't overpay for 2 guys that were on a championship team.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:39 am

If Furcal doesn't sign with the Braves, he's probably going to be a Cub. Which works for me ;-D Konerko may end up in Anaheim.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:04 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:If Furcal doesn't sign with the Braves, he's probably going to be a Cub. Which works for me ;-D Konerko may end up in Anaheim.

How would the IF look with Furcal? Assuming Aramis at 3b and Furcal at SS, then would it be Walker at 2b or would they sign Nomar to play 2b?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:18 am

slomo007 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:If Furcal doesn't sign with the Braves, he's probably going to be a Cub. Which works for me ;-D Konerko may end up in Anaheim.

How would the IF look with Furcal? Assuming Aramis at 3b and Furcal at SS, then would it be Walker at 2b or would they sign Nomar to play 2b?

They picked up Walkers option, so if they got Furcal I doubt they'd resign Nomar.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:26 am

yeah. the mets would be much better served going after brian giles, but they'll have to fight st. louis for him. he'll be a great signing wherever he lands.

also, the cubs would have an insanely good IF with furcal. i mean, you're talking a-ram//furcal//walker//d. lee. i mean, that's on par with the yankee's IF, easy. might even be as good as that pujols/rolen/career-year-edgar-renteria IF that STL had a few years back.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:35 am

George_Foreman wrote:yeah. the mets would be much better served going after brian giles, but they'll have to fight st. louis for him. he'll be a great signing wherever he lands.

also, the cubs would have an insanely good IF with furcal. i mean, you're talking a-ram//furcal//walker//d. lee. i mean, that's on par with the yankee's IF, easy. might even be as good as that pujols/rolen/career-year-edgar-renteria IF that STL had a few years back.

I'm assuming you're talking defensively? I would still think Texas's IF of Teixeira, Soriano, Young and Blalock would be better offensively. But yes, it would be a very good IF.

I agree that the Cubs should go after Furcal, they could really use a reliable SS.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:04 pm

Furcal can offer quite a bit to the Mets offensively in the second spot of the order behind Reyes. Both players' stats are nearly identical and the Mets' running game would be blown through the roof.

Also, Furcal has an unbelievable arm that would be wasted at second, but he's also a fantastic defender and he's played 2B before. Like I said, I wouldn't put it past them.

My problem is that the Mets could probably use Beltran in the 2 hole. He's much more productive there, and landing a guy like Konerko would strengthen the Mets' lineup where they need it. Anderson Hernandez is young, but could be an everyday 2B.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:21 pm

slomo007 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:yeah. the mets would be much better served going after brian giles, but they'll have to fight st. louis for him. he'll be a great signing wherever he lands.

I'm assuming you're talking defensively? I would still think Texas's IF of Teixeira, Soriano, Young and Blalock would be better offensively. But yes, it would be a very good IF.

I agree that the Cubs should go after Furcal, they could really use a reliable SS.
They could use his defense, but more importantly, his speed on the bases and lead-off hitting abilities.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby slomo007 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:22 pm

Though I am not a big Brian Giles fan either, he would be a better fit to hit in the 2nd hole than Furcal. I agree with you that Beltran should be hitting there....but apparently NY is being stubborn about that.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby cannonarm21 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:40 pm

I would love to see the Brewers make a run at Washburn or Millwood. I think a veteran would fit in nicely with Sheets,Davis and C.Capuano. I think Washburn is the more likely of the two, because he is from the area an my sign for a little less.

I would also like to see them make a run at Molina. They haven't had any punch from a catcher in a long time. D.Miller would be a great backup since Molina needs his occasional days off.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers