ROY Announced: Street, Howard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROY Announced: Street, Howard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:16 am

StlSluggers wrote:Granted, he wasn't slamming balls out of the park or driving in runs, but he batted, what, .290+ with a respectable OBP, and he scored a fair amount of runs, correct? I wouldn't say that's sub-par. He certainly was helping his team when he came to the plate.

Willy Taveras was the 37th ranked NL outfielder for Win Shares.

When you figure that there's 3 starters for 16 NL teams that puts Taveras at #37 of 48...or sub-par.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swingaway » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:39 am

Taveras did pretty good since he never played above AA until this past year. I gladly take Taveras over Beltran stats from this past year since it saved us like 15 plus mill. B-) Just imagine if the indians didnt trade Taveras what kind of young outfield they would of had :-o .
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:29 am

I probably would have voted the same way. But man, Blanton got totally shafted coming in at tied for 6th.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:28 am

swingaway wrote:Just imagine if the indians didnt trade Taveras what kind of young outfield they would of had :-o .

you mean "the exact same one they currently have"? :-b i really don't see taveras getting any PT over sizemore, blake, and crisp. IIRC, crisp and sizemore and both pretty good defensive OFs, so the need for another guy out there to cover ground isn't really pressing, IMO. :-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:32 am

i agree with the writers on both of these picks.... street was the easy pick in the AL, where as the NL could have gone howard or franceour,,, but with howard having the better august and september, he got the nod imo
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers