Saw II - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Saw II

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Saw II

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:12 pm

GO SEE IT!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Just saw it last night and it was great. Having a hard time deciding if I like part one, or part two the best, but both are fantastic.

Twists, turns, traps, and just plain old downright evil! I love it! :-)

Bring on part 3! :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:04 pm

I loved the first one and went to go see the second a few days after it came out. I thought it was just as awesome as the first and was more exciting with more people added. I can't really decide which I liked better of the two because both had insane, twisted endings - but if I had to choose, I'd say I liked this one better. ;-D
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:45 pm

I didn't like the acting in the first one. Was this one better in that respect?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:54 pm

JTWood wrote:I didn't like the acting in the first one. Was this one better in that respect?

I didn't see this new one, but about the acting in the first one, I agree it was pretty lousy. But from a horror movie standpoint, the film managed to hold itself up well on a good script and an awesome twist ending. I mean, if you really want to see bad acting, go check out The Fog. As far as horror movie acting goes, Saw wasn't bad at all and I'd put it in there with the cheesy acting vs. good script Dawn of the Dead remake.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:30 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:I loved the first one and went to go see the second a few days after it came out. I thought it was just as awesome as the first and was more exciting with more people added. I can't really decide which I liked better of the two because both had insane, twisted endings - but if I had to choose, I'd say I liked this one better. ;-D

I agree....I really can't decide which one I liked better...I would probably go with the second one as well.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:43 pm

JTWood wrote:I didn't like the acting in the first one. Was this one better in that respect?

I think so, but I was so drawn into the movie I wasn't exactly critiquing the acting. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:15 pm

Madison wrote:

I think so, but I was so drawn into the movie I wasn't exactly critiquing the acting. :-D

It matters to me because I have a hard time getting into those kinds of movies if I can't believe that the people are really having something bad happen to them. In the first, when Cary Elwes was getting ready to cut his leg off, I just didn't really believe that he was freaking out or losing it. It just seemed like some high school acting, and that really blew the scene for me.

I need acting like in Seven. Remember when the guy was being interviewed after he was forced to have sex with the girl using the condom with the blade on it? Remember how he seemed to just absolutely lose it while he was recalling the event? I need that level of acting. It needs to be believable.

And I've heard that the Fog was just awful. If you want to read a cool story with the same name, check out Stephen King's The Fog from Four Past Midnight. That story is probably my favorite novella from King. That collection also has The Langoliers and Sun Dog, both of which were good stories but lacked a quality ending.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:38 pm

I will post the dissenting opinion :-P

Rule #1 Sequels suck

Rule #2 Never see Rob Schnieder films

I thought the first one was very original, and I liked the fact that it didn't seem like a slick hollywood production. Saw II wasn't original, and they tried to put the slick on and failed.

I thought the traps in the house were predictable, and not frightening at all.

Major flaw alert: These people are supposed to be detectives? They spend two hours in a house that is rigged with moniters from the evil guy, and they never look in the desk drawer and find the file? 8-o :-P

If I never saw SAW I I would have thought it was Ok but not great. Sorry but Saw I and the Ring stand alone in recent years as far as originality and horror are concerned. :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:42 pm

wkelly91 wrote:I will post the dissenting opinion :-P

Rule #1 Sequels suck

Rule #2 Never see Rob Schnieder films

I thought the first one was very original, and I liked the fact that it didn't seem like a slick hollywood production. Saw II wasn't original, and they tried to put the slick on and failed.

I thought the traps in the house were predictable, and not frightening at all.

Major flaw alert: These people are supposed to be detectives? They spend two hours in a house that is rigged with moniters from the evil guy, and they never look in the desk drawer and find the file? 8-o :-P

If I never saw SAW I I would have thought it was Ok but not great. Sorry but Saw I and the Ring stand alone in recent years as far as originality and horror are concerned. :-o

The Ring was not a good horror movie. It's right up there with the Grudge. :-P
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:58 pm

it it hadn't of been for the great twist ending in the first one, i would probably not waste my time watching #2, as i was actually kinda of bored with it til the ending,,,,, but since the twist at the end of #1 was so great, i will have to catch the second one shortly.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk