Arizona Fall League Standouts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arizona Fall League Standouts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby carter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:18 am

dyuen87 wrote:from what i gather, cashman wants to go the way of 90s dream team. he wants to keep the farm system intact, thus keeping duncan i guess. first base is his future. as long as his glove isnt worse than giambi's he'll see time there, by september even.

could be a good move by Cashman (to keep Duncan) .. i wouldn't make a big deal of AFL stats either, but Duncan's breakout is a little eye opening because he's showing defenite big #'s for the first time

i'd also take a look at Andre Ethier of the Oakland A's. he's proving that his breakout this year was no fluke .... its also interesting to watch what Alex Gordon and Jeff Clement do, and maybe James Loney.. other then that, im not taking AFL stats seriously (especially for pitchers)
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby carter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:42 am

bronxxbomber wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:the way kendrick has been hitting the ball the last 2 years, i think adam kennedy and the angels will be parting ways shortly,,, but one big dissappointment for me so far in the AFL has been adam miller and his 7+ ERA so far

absolutely. kendrick has been sick since he's been in the minors. the angels have a bunch of studs coming up soon. morales, howie, mathis and wood have to be in the majors in 2 years.

don't forget Alberto Callaspo.. he's doing great all year and straight into the Venezuelan League .. then theres Aybar, the Angels are stacked 3X on the middle-infield (ahem.. trades)
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby thedude » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:04 pm

"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby thedude » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:08 pm

thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby davidmarver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:32 pm

There actually is some fantasy relevance from the AFL.

Last year's .avg and rbi leader was Chris Shelton, the SB leader was Joey Gathright, the 2b leader was Ryan Howard, and the ERA leader was Huston Street.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:11 pm

You should definitely take a look at the AFL. Remember however that it is a hitting dominant league because many teams don't want to overwork their young arms after a long season. I use the numbers from the AFL as a guide because it can lead me to the players that teams are high on. I then crosscheck to see how their numbers in the shortseason AFL compared to what they did in their regular minor league season. I put more weight on what they did in the past years (and even experience prior to that). The AFL is still part of the equation though.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers