Arizona Fall League Standouts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arizona Fall League Standouts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dyuen87 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:21 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:With the AFL, you have to remember the pitchers are generally lousy. So, offensive stats should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

it's the same as minor leagues, just a measure of their potential.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:48 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:With the AFL, you have to remember the pitchers are generally lousy. So, offensive stats should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

That's why I have slight concern about Wood's avg.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:14 pm

the way kendrick has been hitting the ball the last 2 years, i think adam kennedy and the angels will be parting ways shortly,,, but one big dissappointment for me so far in the AFL has been adam miller and his 7+ ERA so far
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:34 am

wrveres wrote:I wish they would televise it. I have to believe it would draw better than bowling on ESPN² ..

You mean the live broadcast on Sundays on ESPN, or the rerun of the same show on Monday afternoons on ESPN2?

The PBA broke all it's own television ratings last year, so ESPN is very happy to televise the live show.

As to the rerun, I have no idea what kind of ratings that one gets, but I would watch baseball if it was on (I don't miss the live show, I tape it :-) ).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bronxxbomber » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:22 am

raiders_umpire wrote:the way kendrick has been hitting the ball the last 2 years, i think adam kennedy and the angels will be parting ways shortly,,, but one big dissappointment for me so far in the AFL has been adam miller and his 7+ ERA so far

absolutely. kendrick has been sick since he's been in the minors. the angels have a bunch of studs coming up soon. morales, howie, mathis and wood have to be in the majors in 2 years.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby speedy27 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:27 pm

Eric Duncan is another one who's been hot in the AFL....what are the Yankees planning to do with him as 3B is not going to be open for some time? Did I read somewhere that Duncan was playing some 1B as well? I figure he'll end up switching positions or being traded before the season starts.

any comments?
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bronxxbomber » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:35 pm

he's probably trade bait. if he stays with the yanks i bet he makes a switch to 1b.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:51 pm

Duncan has been playing both 1B and 3B in the AFL.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dyuen87 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

speedy27 wrote:Eric Duncan is another one who's been hot in the AFL....what are the Yankees planning to do with him as 3B is not going to be open for some time? Did I read somewhere that Duncan was playing some 1B as well? I figure he'll end up switching positions or being traded before the season starts.

any comments?

from what i gather, cashman wants to go the way of 90s dream team. he wants to keep the farm system intact, thus keeping duncan i guess. first base is his future. as long as his glove isnt worse than giambi's he'll see time there, by september even.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BritSox » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:58 pm

Jesus Delgado of the Sox system has pitched pretty well.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers