More Office Coffee Problems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

More Office Coffee Problems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:32 pm

Didn't someone say that they have a starbucks machine in their office? As much as I hate spending $4 for coffee (isn't that just a little ironic... you know, after the whole Boston Tea Party thing and American's refusal to pay tea taxes to the king... now we pay 4 bucks for a cup of coffee to King Starbucks) I think that the difference between a good cup and a bad cup of coffee is huge, and a nice vendi (or whatever) starbucks sure brightens my day.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:48 pm

I can relate.

I am often one of the first people in the office in the morning, so I typically will head into the kitchen and make up a pot. No big deal really. But then I also am surrounded by the jacka$$ types you mentioned in your question originally - a thin layer covering the bottom of the pot or none at all is what I find right about 11am every day. Frusterating.

Anyway - I have a compounded frusteration - there is a girl in our office, who by all accounts is useless. She is the phone receptionist. Thats what she does - and make no bones about it - that's all she's willing to do. She has learned nothing about the business or what we do or how we do it in 5+ years of working here - and she's somewhat proud of that. She isnt even that good at answering the phone as she has a rather unpleasant disposition which carries into her voice. So - how does this girl have anything to do with coffee? Well - she's here about an hour before anyone else every morning (Im not sure why - as her only job is to answer the phones, and the clients know that we dont open nearly as early as when she arrives at work, so there are no phone calls that early anyway), and when I get to work, there she is every moring - playing solitare on her computer. Why cant she just walk 20 yards to the kitchen and make a pot of coffee? Its infuriating. :-P
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:25 pm

She comes in early to either get an extra hour of pay without actually doing anything and/or so she can leave early.

If she is the receptionist though and is by all intents and purposes useless (every office has a few of these) someone should kindly ask her to make coffee in the morning. I don't think that's too much to ask.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: More Office Coffee Problems

Postby kentx12 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:26 pm

Coppermine wrote:Leaving about 6 drops in the pot so that technically they didn't use it all and are exempt from brewing more???

That is the problem around my office.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:59 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:the second one is worse. with the first, the person is saying 'i'm a jacka$$, and proud of it.' with the second, the person is a jacka$$, but will pretend not to be a jacka$$ even when it is obvious that they are jacka$$, and in so denying their obvious jacka$$edness they become an even larger jacka$$.

;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:25 pm

Coppermine wrote:Didn't someone say that they have a starbucks machine in their office? As much as I hate spending $4 for coffee (isn't that just a little ironic... you know, after the whole Boston Tea Party thing and American's refusal to pay tea taxes to the king... now we pay 4 bucks for a cup of coffee to King Starbucks) I think that the difference between a good cup and a bad cup of coffee is huge, and a nice vendi (or whatever) starbucks sure brightens my day.

Yeah my office has a Starbucks machine. You hit three buttons, it grinds the beans, and gives you a fresh cup. ;-D The only problem we ever have is when we run out of beans and the lady that stocks them doesn't come by for a while to fill the recepticle back up. It's a really bad problem to have. ;-7
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby DaQ » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:33 pm

kentx12 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Leaving about 6 drops in the pot so that technically they didn't use it all and are exempt from brewing more???

Anyone remember the Terry Tate (Office Linebacker) commercials for Reebok? At the beginning, some guy empties (or nearly empties) all the coffee in the pot, then chuckles and walks away. As he walks into the hallway, WHAM - Tate pops him and starts yelling at him. Funny commercial. :-b

Dunno why they only made a couple of them :~(
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Half Massed » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:33 am

DaQ wrote:
kentx12 wrote:

Anyone remember the Terry Tate (Office Linebacker) commercials for Reebok? At the beginning, some guy empties (or nearly empties) all the coffee in the pot, then chuckles and walks away. As he walks into the hallway, WHAM - Tate pops him and starts yelling at him. Funny commercial. :-b

Those were so sweet. :-b
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:30 am

DaQ wrote:
kentx12 wrote:

That's the answer Cu. Hire Terry Tate for a week and that problem will go away! :-B

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ironman » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:23 am

I won't brew another pot sometimes, but it depends on the time of day. Most people in my office are done with the caffeine after 12:00 so unless I want to drink more its pointless to brew another pot.

But if they are empty in the morning I'll make a new one. It takes no time. We have a Bunn machine so coffee brews incredibly fast. Too bad our water is horrible and the coffee sucks. Its basically an acquired taste.

Plus its the midwest where people like their coffee weaker than the Rockies starting rotation. I always enjoy visiting the coasts where people like their java with a bit more umph to it. I was out in Berkeley, CA for a training a few years ago and every morning coffee was brought in from Tully's. Good lord, I'd have a small cup and be set for the morning. 8-o
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk