Funniest sports moments? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Funniest sports moments?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:22 am

Randy Johnson hitting the bird was pretty funny as was Burnett throwing at the Philly Fanatic.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:01 am

pokerplaya wrote:
HiddenIdentity wrote:Pedro shoving down Zimmer :-b

That really was priceless. :-b

;-D ;-D :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bigken117 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:42 pm

wrveres wrote:Yeah, I love the Canseco moment, and who can forget Roger throwing the bat back at Piazza ...

But this is one of my all time favorties

That's Izzy Alcantara, no? I remember that. What a psycho.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:34 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:The Yankees meltdown in the 2004 ALCS.
Hahahaha....that was pretty funny :-D

How bout that funny clown field in boston thats pretty funny
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:42 pm

How about when I found out that Jeter's middle name is Sanderson.

Yeah, that's what I call Jeter all the time now. Of course, no one really gets it.

"Sanderson!" (Said like when Jerry says "Newman!")
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:25 pm

Coppermine wrote:How about when I found out that Jeter's middle name is Sanderson.

Yeah, that's what I call Jeter all the time now. Of course, no one really gets it.

I heard all pennsylvania sports teams are funny... Especially if ineptness and choking make you laugh, they do for me
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:How about when I found out that Jeter's middle name is Sanderson.

I heard all pennsylvania sports teams are funny... Especially if ineptness and choking make you laugh, they do for me

I'm with you there ACS. I'm originally from Queens, so I'm a Mets fan of course... PA a teams are dreadfully mediocre and even when they're good, they're bad.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby zepfan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:38 pm

I heard that fans in Philly once booed Santa Claus at a football game. Not sure if it's true but that's some funny stuff. Wonder what he did?

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:32 pm

zepfan wrote:I heard that fans in Philly once booed Santa Claus at a football game. Not sure if it's true but that's some funny stuff. Wonder what he did?

It's true... in fact, that's what Philly fans are now notorious for, but they'll boo anyone or anything that isn't Philly related.

You want to know what else is annoying? I don't know if it's like this in other states, but this is what I've encountered, particularly in College.

If you ask anyone who lives within a 200 miles radius of Philadelphia where they live, they will ALWAYS say Philly. And I'm not saying they do that because people never have heard of their town.. it's a pride thing. Like, West Chester is a fairly large suburb of Philly and is relatively popular since the guys from the show Jackass were from there. If you ask someone from West Chester where they're from, they'll say Philly. Then, ask what part of Philly... that's when they get frustrated.

But, as long as you are within a two hour turnpike trip from Philly, apparently you can proclaim yourself to be the world's leading expert on cheesesteak consumption.

Interestingly, this doesn't hold true for the area around Pittsburgh. If you ask someone from Johnstown (about as far from Pittsburgh as West Chester is from Philly) where they're from, they'll either tell you Johnstown or "an hour and a half east of Pittsburgh." I guess people don't really want to be from Pittsburgh, but I've been to Philly and I'm not sure why anyone would want to be from there either.

Another strange exception to this rule... you can live two hours west of Philly in PA and tell everyone you're from Philly. Or you can be 15 minutes east of Philly and you'll just tell everyone you're from "Jersey."
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:49 pm

Coppermine wrote:
zepfan wrote:I heard that fans in Philly once booed Santa Claus at a football game. Not sure if it's true but that's some funny stuff. Wonder what he did?

It's true... in fact, that's what Philly fans are now notorious for, but they'll boo anyone or anything that isn't Philly related.

You want to know what else is annoying? I don't know if it's like this in other states, but this is what I've encountered, particularly in College.

If you ask anyone who lives within a 200 miles radius of Philadelphia where they live, they will ALWAYS say Philly. And I'm not saying they do that because people never have heard of their town.. it's a pride thing. Like, West Chester is a fairly large suburb of Philly and is relatively popular since the guys from the show Jackass were from there. If you ask someone from West Chester where they're from, they'll say Philly. Then, ask what part of Philly... that's when they get frustrated.

But, as long as you are within a two hour turnpike trip from Philly, apparently you can proclaim yourself to be the world's leading expert on cheesesteak consumption.

Interestingly, this doesn't hold true for the area around Pittsburgh. If you ask someone from Johnstown (about as far from Pittsburgh as West Chester is from Philly) where they're from, they'll either tell you Johnstown or "an hour and a half east of Pittsburgh." I guess people don't really want to be from Pittsburgh, but I've been to Philly and I'm not sure why anyone would want to be from there either.

Another strange exception to this rule... you can live two hours west of Philly in PA and tell everyone you're from Philly. Or you can be 15 minutes east of Philly and you'll just tell everyone you're from "Jersey."

I live 30 miles north of Boston, and I always say "30 miles north of Boston" It's a lot easier that saying "Gloucester, you know where The Perfect Storm was filmed?" And while I'm on it, the Crow's Nest is NOT on the water, I don't care what they show in the movie. I've only lived here my whole life, I know better than you, you stupid tourist.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk