Keeper Rankings????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper Rankings?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Rankings?????

Postby lbbaseball14 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Does anyone have any keeper rankigns for the 2006 season... and where should Delmon Young go in a keeper league??
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:58 pm

Imo it is way to early to start with rankings. You will need to see where FA's and what players go to what team and posistions they will be playing.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:09 pm

kentx12 wrote:Imo it is way to early to start with rankings. You will need to see where FA's and what players go to what team and posistions they will be playing.

a ton of this can change. winter meetings haven't begun. lots of trades and signings can happen at this time.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lbbaseball14 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:32 pm

ok but around what round would you guys take Delmon in?
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kentx12 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:49 pm

lbbaseball14 wrote:ok but around what round would you guys take Delmon in?

Depending on how many teams are in the league I wouldnt take him till the later rounds.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:17 pm

lbbaseball14 wrote:ok but around what round would you guys take Delmon in?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm personally targeting him as my top pick in my league (which, we keep 7-13, so if he drops to the 14th round, I'm taking him there), but I'd even stretch and take him as early as... Round 11, maybe even 10? I haven't considered it a ton, given that my only shot at him is to take him in Round 14.

That's how big of a talent this kid is, in my mind.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:49 pm

I never think its too early to start working on rankings for next season. I dont personally start till middle-late december but it cant hurt to start figuring out where guys go now, then make alterations as people get signed and/or traded.

About Delmon Young, I wrote an article about him which is linked in my signature below. I personally think the guy is an amazing pick anywhere from 12-14 in a keeper league, if you get him after round 14, I would be singing irish drinking songs if I were you. He is a good pick from 10-12 and a normal pick in the late 8th and 9th. I see someone in every keeper league trying to get this guy earlier and earlier as the preseason goes on. His talent is unspeakable and could definitely pay dividends in any round but depending on your leagues categories, the amount of owners, and the tendencies of managers; I would take him in the 8th if you cant do without but look to grab in the mid-late 9th round. I know he has proven nothing, but the talent is there for a perennial 1st rounder.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby jellyroll » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:38 pm

depends heavily on keeper scheme and if year over year. If no penalty I'd say someone will over shoot and he'll be 11-12 rd. Value would probably put him 15-16 rd+. (10 team league). He's probably 1 1/2 yr away from being a certifiable stud.

That's my pre-pre-season guess.
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:35 am

jellyroll wrote:depends heavily on keeper scheme and if year over year. If no penalty I'd say someone will over shoot and he'll be 11-12 rd. Value would probably put him 15-16 rd+. (10 team league). He's probably 1 1/2 yr away from being a certifiable stud.

I was basing my assumptions on a 12 to 14 team league...someone will definitely overshoot but im assuming earlier than the 12th round. Id rather have Young on my team (in a keeper) than a middle tier pitcher who is 50/50 to have a half way decent year.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby jellyroll » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:39 am

Cleveland Steamers wrote:
jellyroll wrote:depends heavily on keeper scheme and if year over year. If no penalty I'd say someone will over shoot and he'll be 11-12 rd. Value would probably put him 15-16 rd+. (10 team league). He's probably 1 1/2 yr away from being a certifiable stud.

I was basing my assumptions on a 12 to 14 team league...someone will definitely overshoot but im assuming earlier than the 12th round. Id rather have Young on my team (in a keeper) than a middle tier pitcher who is 50/50 to have a half way decent year.

I think we are on the page. Pick 112 would be 8th rd in a 14 team league. He could go earlier or later but that's about where I think the value starts becoming positive this and next year. Future is always nice but anything can happen... and usually does. ;-D
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers