Need some info

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some info

Postby Savoy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:41 pm

Can anyone tell me anything about the following guys:
1) Nolan Reimold, OF, Baltimore
2) Ryan Braun, 3B, Washington
3) Troy Tulowitzki, SS, Colorado

We are in the second year of a keeper league where we draft some players with absolutely no major league experience. Therefore, many of the big names have already been taken. I was looking at the 2005 draft and saw Braun & Tulowitzki--Gordon, Clement, Upton, Pelfrey, Maybin were selected last year--and Baseball America was pretty fired up about Reimold.
Anybody with more info?? When they project to hit the majors and what to expect out of them down the road.
For more info, I already own Nelson & Stewart of Colorado, Barton with STL, Drew of ARZ, Markakis of Balt, Homer Bailey of Cin, Jeremy Sowers of Cle, Pelfrey of NYM, & Quentin of ARZ.
Savoy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby San D » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:51 pm

Tulowitzki is the closest to ready. He was the Long Beach State SS after Crosby. Scouts (on Baseball America) say he is a better version of Crosby. I'd definitely rank him over the other two.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:55 am

I agree with San D here. I've heard favorable comparisons between Tulowitzki and Crosby. The other two are solid prospects but I would say that Tulowitzki takes the top spot out of those 3.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Savoy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:15 pm

Anybody have any info on Braun? Power? Speed? Any comparisons or ETA would be appreciated.
Savoy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby carter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:57 am

Savoy wrote:Anybody have any info on Braun? Power? Speed? Any comparisons or ETA would be appreciated.

Braun has a small amount of speed, but is more known for his power.. he can put up a really good Slg percentage... he doesn't seem to walk much which is a major drawback for me if that continues.. http://www.brewerfan.net/ViewPlayerProf ... ayerId=843

i like Tulowitzki the most.. aside from the Crosby comps, he seems to have a take charge personality and strong will to succeed.. i also really like Reimold, who's comp could be Jim Edmonds with speed, he's no fluke.. all 3 have alot to prove beyond A-ball / we'll have a better idea a year from now
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 15)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball