Booze of Choice... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Booze of Choice...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:38 pm

My girlfriend is obsessed with Blue Moon. Good stuff, it's white/wheat Belgian style beer, best served with a slice of orange.

Personally, I can't wait to pick up a six pack of Sam Adams Winter Lager tonight after work... which brings me to a new discussion.

I live in south Pennsylvania. I work in Maryland. Does anyone know what the price difference is between booze in PA and booze in MD? It's staggering!!!!

I'd say, in most instances, liquor costs about 40% less in MD than it does in PA. Beer is similar. In PA, you can only buy beer from "distributors" and only by the case. You can get six packs at a bar for around $8 a pack... for Miller Lite! Also in PA, all liquor and wine is sold by the state in "state stores" where the selection is horrible and everything is over-taxed and over-priced.

I law was just passed last month that allows alcohol to be sold on Sundays in PA, but that was a long time coming. I buy all of my booze in MD.

Now get this... I'm breaking the law by doing so. As a PA resident, I can legally buy booze in MD... but, I cannot transport it across the state line into PA. Now I'm sure that this law is barely enforced, but it is on the books. Basically, if I buy a six pack in MD, I better drink the whole thing before I hit the PA border.

Of course, at least I can buy a six pack in MD.

Anyone else live in a state like this, or is PA still the only one run by Quakers?

(I once took a business trip to Provo, Utah, and THEY had more booze than PA!)
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:17 pm

Coppermine wrote:My girlfriend is obsessed with Blue Moon. Good stuff, it's white/wheat Belgian style beer, best served with a slice of orange.

They brew a special batch of Blue Moon at Coors field. Nice and Fresh! Yes we have a brewery at Coors Field. Maybee thats why the rockies are so bad
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:46 am

Kahlua ;-D

:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WharfRat » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:26 am

Coppermine wrote:My girlfriend is obsessed with Blue Moon. Good stuff, it's white/wheat Belgian style beer, best served with a slice of orange.

Personally, I can't wait to pick up a six pack of Sam Adams Winter Lager tonight after work... which brings me to a new discussion.

I live in south Pennsylvania. I work in Maryland. Does anyone know what the price difference is between booze in PA and booze in MD? It's staggering!!!!

I'd say, in most instances, liquor costs about 40% less in MD than it does in PA. Beer is similar. In PA, you can only buy beer from "distributors" and only by the case. You can get six packs at a bar for around $8 a pack... for Miller Lite! Also in PA, all liquor and wine is sold by the state in "state stores" where the selection is horrible and everything is over-taxed and over-priced.

I law was just passed last month that allows alcohol to be sold on Sundays in PA, but that was a long time coming. I buy all of my booze in MD.

Now get this... I'm breaking the law by doing so. As a PA resident, I can legally buy booze in MD... but, I cannot transport it across the state line into PA. Now I'm sure that this law is barely enforced, but it is on the books. Basically, if I buy a six pack in MD, I better drink the whole thing before I hit the PA border.

Of course, at least I can buy a six pack in MD.

Anyone else live in a state like this, or is PA still the only one run by Quakers?

(I once took a business trip to Provo, Utah, and THEY had more booze than PA!)

All Virginia liquor is sold by state ABC stores, but you can get beer at 7-11. Go figure. :-? You also can't buy liquor on Sundays, I believe, just beer.

ABC stores are actually pretty good about selection, and the prices are no different than any other state I've been in. PA sounds a little worse. I guess that explains why all the real hard drinkers I went to college with were from PA. They had learn to drink by the case... :-b
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Pablo975 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:12 pm

Not a huge beer fan. I normally prefer, in no order:

Crown Royal
Patron
Capt Morgan
and occasional Jaeger Bombs (Red Bull & Jaeger) or "Sammy Jaeger" (Sambucca and Jaeger) shots

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to General Talk