[venting]I am all for equal opportunities but.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

[venting]I am all for equal opportunities but....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:39 am

Coppermine wrote:Well, I hate to say it as a PC guy, but you really can't go wrong at all with an Apple.

My girlfriend has one and I'm constantly playing with it... it's like, I don't want one to own, just borrow.

Yes ;-D I'm a Mac guy through and through and couldn't be happier, the only problem is what logan is saying below.

logan wrote:if the gaming industry would actually support mac it would be huge. until they do i really have no interest. it's hard enough just to get anyone to support an linux platform. but mac's are pretty cool.

And unfortunately yes :-t Hopefully once Mac switches to Intel processers it will be easier for game designers to convert their games to the mac platform and as a result will start producing mac versions of the game.
Another solution is just to get a PS2 or XBox as well :-b

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:59 am

I had one experience with Dell tech support and will not deal with them ever again. Must have talked to 10 people who did not know what a "contest", "lottery", or "drawing" was.

Here's what happened. I had an issue with my laptop, my wife was asleep and I didn't want to wake her. Don't remember exactly what the problem was now, but I called Dell. Really, really hard to understand them due to the accents. They wanted a bunch of numbers off the machine, so I gave them to them. Then they wanted to know the name of the person who purchased the machine.

Well...

My wife won it at an IT conference in a drawing, so we have no idea who purchased the machine. No one in that whole office could understand that! Drove me insane and they refused to help me, so I hung up on them.

The next day, my wife showed me how to do a "system restore" (took less than 1 minute) and everything was fine after that.

Stupid Dell. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:49 am

Madison wrote:
The next day, my wife showed me how to do a "system restore" (took less than 1 minute) and everything was fine after that.

Moral of this story: Before calling Dell, call Madison's wife. :-]
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:42 am

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:

Moral of this story: Before calling Dell, call Madison's wife. :-]

Lol. :-b

I've always admitted that she has taught me most of what I know about computers. When someone posts a computer problem on the boards, I ask her, and then pass along what she says (and I do give her the credit in my posts. ;-) )
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk