Mmmm, Blackberries - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mmmm, Blackberries

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mmmm, Blackberries

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:16 pm

So, I work for this company who is giving its employees Blackberry units. Since I'm the IT, i'm the lucky one to set them up at my location. Let me tell you, it's a real pain and I just spent over 6 hours setting one up.

Now I hear that the company that makes blackberry, research in motion, is in the middle of a copyright infringement lawsuit that, if they lose, will drop all blackberry service in the united states.

What a waste of my life... i'm going home early today. I don't care what Lumberg says.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mmmm, Blackberries

Postby wrveres » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:25 pm

Coppermine wrote:So, I work for this company who is giving its employees Blackberry units. Since I'm the IT, i'm the lucky one to set them up at my location. Let me tell you, it's a real pain and I just spent over 6 hours setting one up.

Now I hear that the company that makes blackberry, research in motion, is in the middle of a copyright infringement lawsuit that, if they lose, will drop all blackberry service in the united states.

What a waste of my life... i'm going home early today. I don't care what Lumberg says.

umm next time can you please make sure you attach a TPS report to the top of your threads ... thanks ..

I sent out a memo.
did you not get it?
I'll send antother one.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby logan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:36 pm

heh the guy that works next to me asked me today who stole his stapler and i responded with lumberg to which i got a blank stare and a "Who's Lumberg?" . nothing to do with the original topic but funny to me.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WharfRat » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:40 pm

Coppermine wrote:Now I hear that the company that makes blackberry, research in motion, is in the middle of a copyright infringement lawsuit that, if they lose, will drop all blackberry service in the united states.

I heard about this. Talk about an inconvenience, Blackberries are everywhere these days. Their competitors must be jumping up and down at the thought of catching shares of the Blackberry consumer pie.

Although, I doubt it actually happens. More likely, RIM settles with the other firm allowing service to continue. I'd have a hard time believing they'd let service get cut off.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:38 pm

I, uh, have the memo right here.

If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:47 pm

Coppermine wrote:So, I work for this company who is giving its employees Blackberry units. Since I'm the IT, i'm the lucky one to set them up at my location. Let me tell you, it's a real pain and I just spent over 6 hours setting one up.

hahahahahah I've worked with these things for the last year! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah They are horrible I hate them and wish death to canada for their invention..

Have fun because the technology changes everyday with them and they probably won't work next week :)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Half Massed » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:20 pm

Things would seem to suck for you in the near future. Unless of course, the lawsuit doesn't go through... Then you get to set all of them up anyways! Haha, I'm just messing with you, things will work out magically.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sooner711 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:09 am

acsguitar wrote:

hahahahahah I've worked with these things for the last year! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah They are horrible I hate them and wish death to canada for their invention..

Have fun because the technology changes everyday with them and they probably won't work next week :)

LOL I do tier 2 tech support for sprint and I hate Blackberries, of course pocket pc's aren't much better.
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:25 am

sooner711 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

LOL I do tier 2 tech support for sprint and I hate Blackberries, of course pocket pc's aren't much better.

The worst thing about blackberries is that they only give them to retarded executives who have no idea how to use them or any sort of technology. Those executives use them for important things such as checking their email instead of watching their children grow up....

Also, these execs think that the blackberries can never fault and think its your fault that they do. They are like "I'm standing on top of a 14,000 foot mountain in chile and I can't check my email please fix that. .... Morons
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby sooner711 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:15 am

acsguitar wrote:
sooner711 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

The worst thing about blackberries is that they only give them to retarded executives who have no idea how to use them or any sort of technology. Those executives use them for important things such as checking their email instead of watching their children grow up....

Also, these execs think that the blackberries can never fault and think its your fault that they do. They are like "I'm standing on top of a 14,000 foot mountain in chile and I can't check my email please fix that. .... Morons

LOL That is sooooo true.
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk