lugo and baez coming back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

lugo and baez coming back

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

lugo and baez coming back

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:23 am

at least for now as both of their club options have been picked up for 2006.....

Danys Baez - R - Devil Rays

Devil Rays exercised RHP Danys Baez's $4 million club option for 2006.
If he isn't traded, Baez will be back in the closer's role at the start of next season. It's possible that he'll be dealt to a team that would use him as a setup man, if not this winter then in July. He'll be a free agent after next year. Oct. 31 - 7:54 pm et

Julio Lugo - SS - Devil Rays

Devil Rays exercised infielder Julio Lugo's $4.95 million club option for 2006.
The Rays still would have controlled Lugo's rights had they bought the option out for $100,000, but he would have made more than $5 million in arbitration. Lugo will be eligible for free agency after next season, so the Rays could trade him at some point. Oct. 31 - 7:52 pm et

they both make good trade bait if the right offer comes by, but i would prefer to see them stay in TB
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:02 pm

One down. Personally, I have no problem keeping Lugo until July. Wait until then to see if any of the top teams still need SS help. Renteria may be on the down swing, Cedeno may not be ready for the Cuns, and I just can't see the BoSox being able to stand Alex Gonzalez all year. Who knows, if they are desperate enough, you could see Lester or Papelborn if they REALLY need someone in July to stay with the Yankees.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:24 am

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:One down. Personally, I have no problem keeping Lugo until July. Wait until then to see if any of the top teams still need SS help. Renteria may be on the down swing, Cedeno may not be ready for the Cuns, and I just can't see the BoSox being able to stand Alex Gonzalez all year. Who knows, if they are desperate enough, you could see Lester or Papelborn if they REALLY need someone in July to stay with the Yankees.

Lester for Lugo 8-o 8-o Now that is my type of deal there. And Theo just might be desperate enough to do it by July.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Lester for Lugo would be incredible.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby d-ray07 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:56 pm

Lester would be an awesome addition, so would Papelbon, though has spent alot of time in the bullpen lately. I think Marte would be the most beneficial of the 3, but I don't think Boston will send him to TB for Lugo, even though they may not be sending him to Cleveland.
d-ray07
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Tampa Bay Rays