Nothing I hate more than registering for classes... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Nothing I hate more than registering for classes...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:48 am

I did pre-register, but the crappy thing is I want to make changes to what I submitted and the guy from ASU told me it still counts what I already submitted so by submitting new requests it doesn't really help me and can hurt me because the computer will pick a schedule out based on what I submitted and if I get a certain class I don't want another one (if that makes sense), but I will be stuck with both. He said my best bet is to leave it like it is and come registration time make changes then.

As of right now I pre-registered for:
M and W
915-1030 Macro Economics
140-255 English 217 (Reflective Essays, soooo easy no research ;-) )
440-555 Psychology 101

Then Wed only:
Theater 405 (class on the works of Speilberg and Lucas)

I also pre-registered for English 210 (Creative Writing) which is an online class. I don't care what English class I get stuck with so thats why I submitted both. I would rather take 217, but I would also like the online so I can do it whenever.

If I get the online I will probably drop the Econ on MW and move it to a T and TH in the morning. I don't want a huge break from 1030-140 (plus I can sleep in after drinking on a Tuesday night just for Coppermine).

Another thing that throws a wrench in all of this is I need to take a pre-req for my major which is Journalism Mass Communications 201 News Writing, but I need to take a proficiency exam to be placed in it and I won't be going to Phoenix until the end of this month or early December.

I am hoping I can still get into it then which would be Mondays at 1200-130 and the 2nd day of the week depends on what class you get into. This would be cool because I could drop Econ and replace it with this so I don't have a long gap between classes and noon is late enough for a hangover. In this case I would take Econ next semester or in summer school.

Damn I hate this crap.

Hey Simulacrum, worst case scenario that I have 2 classes on opposite ends of ASU, how long would it take to get to class?

I am a Jr. so I should be in decent shape on the totum pole for GE classes. I went the AA route at my JC so I don't have all my GE done, but I have a degree (go figure) so that kinda sucks.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:27 pm

sorry to bump, but I see Sim up there and wanted to see if he could answer my question.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:07 pm

You should just sign up for Underwater Basket-weaving 101.

Cake class.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:09 pm

By the way, I'm not sure which player it is, but isn't there an NFL player who got his college degree in basket-weaving??
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:24 pm

i was an athlete a long time ago, and when we were registering for classes the athletic academic advising program would bring in a bunch of athletes at the same time and provide a couple academic advisors to make sure we got enough credits and that kind of stuff. anyway, it basically just turned in to everyone asking eachother who the easiest teacher was or what the best class to take was. one numbnuts asked me what elective he should take and i told him under water basket weaving was an easy A. he knew i was joking but the two idiot soccer players behind me didnt. they scoured the course catalog for 30 minutes looking for underwater basket weaving before asking the academic advisor if that class was offered for the next quarter.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Coppermine » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:03 pm

Yep, leave it to the soccer players :-b

Sorry, I hate soccer.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:19 pm

Coppermine wrote:Yep, leave it to the soccer players :-b

Sorry, I hate soccer.

Yea its pretty terrible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:42 pm

Phatferd wrote:sorry to bump, but I see Sim up there and wanted to see if he could answer my question.

Sorry man, I didn't notice. Here I am now though.

You should have no problem getting from the north side to the south side or the east side to the west side in less than 10 minutes in any case. That is to say, you should be able to make it from one class to another anywhere on campus in less than 10 minutes. You should post your class schedule once you're registered though, I'm curious what buildings you're going to wind up in. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk