Nothing I hate more than registering for classes... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Nothing I hate more than registering for classes...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:54 pm

Im thinking of taking out more loans to supplement my income, but the last thing I want to do is add to my debt.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:45 pm

Coppermine wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
blankman wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:So glad I'm done with school.... ;-D

Why? :-?

I agree. My life has been a hell of a lot harder since I've graduated. Just wish I could go back. :-[

I second that. Bills suck. So does not having a good excuse to get drunk on a Tuesday.

Bills do suck but thats why god made PBR
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:20 pm

Micro or Macro economics? I have my choice.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:57 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
blankman wrote:

I agree. My life has been a hell of a lot harder since I've graduated. Just wish I could go back. :-[

I hate school more than I hate anything else in this life. I work full time and take evening classes to finish up a masters degree that probably won't even get me a better job when I'm finished. Kill me now.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby bleach168 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:41 pm

Phatferd wrote:Micro or Macro economics? I have my choice.

Go with micro. It's fairly easy and is one of the few things I learned in school that I have applied in real life.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:46 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
blankman wrote:

I hate school more than I hate anything else in this life. I work full time and take evening classes to finish up a masters degree that probably won't even get me a better job when I'm finished. Kill me now.

Right now I have a Bachelor's that isn't worth the paper it is written on. It has gotten me a menial job that I could have gotten with a high school degree. And I'm thinking of going for a Master's...ughhhhh :-/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby thomasps3 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:15 pm

Think your life is hard?

Come on. After having a daughter 5 years ago, my wife and I decided I should go to optometry school. 4 years, full-time, trying to be a decent dad and achieve decent grades. 16-20 credits per semester. Anyhow, the grass is always greener on the other side. Now I work 3 days a week, have all of my student loans paid off, and my wife and I just bought a new house. Life is fantastic. Just remember, stick it out, and in the end, you'll be glad you're not answering phones or flipping burgers - 'cuz that suxxxx!!!!!

There's my man I feel good post for the day. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:28 pm

thomasps3 wrote:Think your life is hard?

Come on. After having a daughter 5 years ago, my wife and I decided I should go to optometry school. 4 years, full-time, trying to be a decent dad and achieve decent grades. 16-20 credits per semester. Anyhow, the grass is always greener on the other side. Now I work 3 days a week, have all of my student loans paid off, and my wife and I just bought a new house. Life is fantastic. Just remember, stick it out, and in the end, you'll be glad you're not answering phones or flipping burgers - 'cuz that suxxxx!!!!!

There's my man I feel good post for the day. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Well I'm glad things worked out for you. Hopefully I can post in 7 years that everything worked out, and I'm in a job I love with the woman I love, and everything is going fantastically. Check back in about 7 years or 25,000 posts, and I'll let you know.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Phatferd » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:12 pm

bleach168 wrote:

Go with micro. It's fairly easy and is one of the few things I learned in school that I have applied in real life.

Funny you say that because the 3 people I asked who are or have majored in Econ told me to take Macro.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:23 am

Phatferd wrote:
bleach168 wrote:

Funny you say that because the 3 people I asked who are or have majored in Econ told me to take Macro.

I took Macro and it was very, very easy. Of course, I don't know the difference between the two and I don't really care. In fact, I don't remember a damn thing I learned in the class. Oh wait- GDP= gross domestic product, I think.

Phats, if at all possible you're going to want to pre-register, especially because you're going to be taking a lot of general studies courses. Pre-registering gets you signed up for the courses you want at the times you want to take them at. If you wait until regular registration you'll be signing up at the same time as all the other johnny-come-lately flunkies and chances are you won't get all the classes you want, or they'll be at horrible times (7:40-8:55pm T/TH for example).
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk