Opinions on forefeiting the Saves category - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Opinions on forefeiting the Saves category

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

giving up saves/steals

Postby preshabib » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:28 pm

The problem with giving up steals and saves is that you give up twice as much as you think you give up. Giving up one of those categories not only gives you a loss, but your opponent a win, allowing him/her to gain not one but two games on you in the standing, or more if you give up BOTH categorise. What people fail to realize is that since nobody steals its a VERY EASY CATEGORY TO WIN. Pick up a guy like kenny lofton or rocco baldelli or something. Just get two or three everyday players who have 7-10 steals and youll wind up with 3 or 4 steals a week, which will USUALLY give you a win in the category. AND, as far as saves go, giving up your closers hurts you in more places than saves. You lose the potential for cheap unexpected wins (guys like Lance Carter, who has 4 or 5 wins right now) Also, if your league has stats like K/9, closers are HUGE. Gagne's K/9 is through the roof and Wagner throws 100mph. Basically, giving up one stat can hurt you in more ways than you anticipate, so get yourself a well rounded team and try to win every category, every week.
preshabib

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BeautifulBrunette » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:35 pm

I usually wind up with 6-9 steals each week (last week 10) and win it every week. Saves??? I am Paul Wilson's face to Kyle Farnworth's right hook. (LOL -- I'm a Reds fan, btw).
BeautifulBrunette
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers