Carl Pavano on Trading Block?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carl Pavano on Trading Block??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:04 pm

blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:If Pavano goes and the Yankees have to eat some of the contract, they'd better get top talent back. Maybe the Marlins will be willing to part with Pierre to get back their star? :-D

No thank you.

Agreed. I want no part of Pierre.

IMO the Yankees would be lucky to get Pierre for Pavano. Regardless, it's all pointless to discuss because I don't see any reason the Yankees would actually deal away one of their starters.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:13 pm

It would most likely be good for Pavano's fantasy value if he goes almost anywhere else. Something to keep an eye on.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dyuen87 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:28 pm

blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:If Pavano goes and the Yankees have to eat some of the contract, they'd better get top talent back. Maybe the Marlins will be willing to part with Pierre to get back their star? :-D

No thank you.

can i ask why not and who you would rather have in cf?
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:42 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

No thank you.

I can answer for me...

...because Pierre isn't that good. I don't really care who we have in CF just so long as they can play defense. They don't need Johnny Damon. They don't need Juan Pierre. Why overspend on a guy like that when you can find a solid defesive player pretty much anywhere? They don't need the offense.

I'd rather sign a cheap fill-in or try out that kid Thompson before I trade away what little prospects I do have for a player like Pierre.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:44 pm

Cardinals would probably be interested in Pavano, but not sure they have parts the Yankees would want. Seems counter-productive to do this, however. Stop throwing more pitchers in the NYY rotation, let the one's you have get accustomed to the role and learn it that way. Otherwise, the Yankees will just be adding another young pitcher into a tough situation who will fail.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby slomo007 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:55 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

No thank you.

I can answer for me...

...because Pierre isn't that good. I don't really care who we have in CF just so long as they can play defense. They don't need Johnny Damon. They don't need Juan Pierre. Why overspend on a guy like that when you can find a solid defesive player pretty much anywhere? They don't need the offense.

I'd rather sign a cheap fill-in or try out that kid Thompson before I trade away what little prospects I do have for a player like Pierre.

Judging by some responses, it's apparent that Pierre is going to be extremely undervalued going in to next year. Looks like I'll be targetting him in all leagues.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby blankman » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:04 pm

slomo007 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

No thank you.

I can answer for me...

Judging by some responses, it's apparent that Pierre is going to be extremely undervalued going in to next year. Looks like I'll be targetting him in all leagues.

This is Real baseball we're talking here. It's entirely different with respect to Pierre.

And dy, my reasons are the same on not wanting him.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:10 pm

blankman wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

No thank you.

I can answer for me...

This is Real baseball we're talking here. It's entirely different with respect to Pierre.

And dy, my reasons are the same on not wanting him.

Exactly. This isn't fantasy baseball.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby brandnew » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:16 pm

I agree... in real baseball, Pierre is horrible.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:28 pm

A .300+ lifetime hitter who scores 100 runs a year (in the NL)? Yeah, no way I would want him on my real life team. ;-7
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers