Just Manny being freaking annoying... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just Manny being freaking annoying...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:48 pm

MANNY IN NEW YORK! MANNY IN NEW YORK! PLEASE!

By the time he starts causing trouble, his contract will be up. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:21 pm

I was on a Pirates message board...well, because i'm a Pirates fan. :,-( :-] :-/ :~( !+) ...but they were talking about the Pirates getting Manny if the Sox would pick up most of the contract. I thought to myself, are all Pirates fans this dumb? And, with the exception of a few the answer is an astounding YES!
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:28 pm

jh2031 wrote:I was on a Pirates message board...well, because i'm a Pirates fan. :,-( :-] :-/ :~( !+) ...but they were talking about the Pirates getting Manny if the Sox would pick up most of the contract. I thought to myself, are all Pirates fans this dumb? And, with the exception of a few the answer is an astounding YES!

If Mercer Boy didn't weight 130 pounds soaking wet he would kick your butt for saying that. :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:26 pm

Now that the Cubs are free of Sammy's salary and hopefully rid of Nomar (because we're getting Furcal ;-D ) I'd love to pick up Manny and have the Cubs put down some more $$$. Heck, we'll throw in Wood too. Please. Please just take him.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:07 pm

It could be an interesting offseason with Manny (and possibly Soriano) on the block. I could see Anaheim picking up Manny. They definitely have the prospects to deal (and might even be able to add salary if they send a decent salary in the other dirrection). He would be a great fit with Vlad (and Figgins getting on base in front of him).
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jh2031 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:31 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Now that the Cubs are free of Sammy's salary and hopefully rid of Nomar (because we're getting Furcal ;-D ) I'd love to pick up Manny and have the Cubs put down some more $$$. Heck, we'll throw in Wood too. Please. Please just take him.

That's a lot of wishful thinking right there.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rlee » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:23 pm

pokerplaya wrote:MANNY IN NEW YORK! MANNY IN NEW YORK! PLEASE!

As a Mets fan, I hope they stay far away from Manny. He's now approaching his mid-30s, and has 3 straight years of declining batting ave. and OPS. The package it would take to land him would be too expensive, probably one component would be Lastings Milledge. They have mortgaged their future too many times, going all the way back to trading Nolan Ryan for a beaten up, decrepit Jim Fregosi. No! No! No! Thanks. Bosox ... keep your resident headcase.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:48 pm

rlee wrote:

As a Mets fan, I hope they stay far away from Manny. He's now approaching his mid-30s, and has 3 straight years of declining batting ave. and OPS. The package it would take to land him would be too expensive, probably one component would be Lastings Milledge. They have mortgaged their future too many times, going all the way back to trading Nolan Ryan for a beaten up, decrepit Jim Fregosi. No! No! No! Thanks. Bosox ... keep your resident headcase.

minaya wont give up milledge and take on manny's contract. but to say no way to manny, i say you're insane. if you remembered 2005, the biggest thing down the stretch was the Mets inconsistent offense. if you add manny's bat to that lineup, sure you'll get a declining average and probably a drop in homers, but you'll get 100+ rbis.

The Mets are built to win NOW. pedro will start a decline, if he hasnt already, glavine has finally got it together, and floyd is getting up there in age. they are a lot closer than most people realize and manny could put them over the edge.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:09 pm

Klesko for Manny...
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby rlee » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:18 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
rlee wrote:

My point was not so much a no to Manny, but let's not mortgage the future. I don't see Boston doing this without Milledge. Hey, how about Manny for Felix Heredia (once he gets off of suspension) :-D
minaya wont give up milledge and take on manny's contract. but to say no way to manny, i say you're insane. if you remembered 2005, the biggest thing down the stretch was the Mets inconsistent offense. if you add manny's bat to that lineup, sure you'll get a declining average and probably a drop in homers, but you'll get 100+ rbis.

The Mets are built to win NOW. pedro will start a decline, if he hasnt already, glavine has finally got it together, and floyd is getting up there in age. they are a lot closer than most people realize and manny could put them over the edge.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers