Just Manny being freaking annoying... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just Manny being freaking annoying...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:48 pm

MANNY IN NEW YORK! MANNY IN NEW YORK! PLEASE!

By the time he starts causing trouble, his contract will be up. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:21 pm

I was on a Pirates message board...well, because i'm a Pirates fan. :,-( :-] :-/ :~( !+) ...but they were talking about the Pirates getting Manny if the Sox would pick up most of the contract. I thought to myself, are all Pirates fans this dumb? And, with the exception of a few the answer is an astounding YES!
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:28 pm

jh2031 wrote:I was on a Pirates message board...well, because i'm a Pirates fan. :,-( :-] :-/ :~( !+) ...but they were talking about the Pirates getting Manny if the Sox would pick up most of the contract. I thought to myself, are all Pirates fans this dumb? And, with the exception of a few the answer is an astounding YES!


If Mercer Boy didn't weight 130 pounds soaking wet he would kick your butt for saying that. :-b
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 257)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:26 pm

Now that the Cubs are free of Sammy's salary and hopefully rid of Nomar (because we're getting Furcal ;-D ) I'd love to pick up Manny and have the Cubs put down some more $$$. Heck, we'll throw in Wood too. Please. Please just take him.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:07 pm

It could be an interesting offseason with Manny (and possibly Soriano) on the block. I could see Anaheim picking up Manny. They definitely have the prospects to deal (and might even be able to add salary if they send a decent salary in the other dirrection). He would be a great fit with Vlad (and Figgins getting on base in front of him).
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1092
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:31 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Now that the Cubs are free of Sammy's salary and hopefully rid of Nomar (because we're getting Furcal ;-D ) I'd love to pick up Manny and have the Cubs put down some more $$$. Heck, we'll throw in Wood too. Please. Please just take him.


That's a lot of wishful thinking right there.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby rlee » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:23 pm

pokerplaya wrote:MANNY IN NEW YORK! MANNY IN NEW YORK! PLEASE!

By the time he starts causing trouble, his contract will be up. ;-D


As a Mets fan, I hope they stay far away from Manny. He's now approaching his mid-30s, and has 3 straight years of declining batting ave. and OPS. The package it would take to land him would be too expensive, probably one component would be Lastings Milledge. They have mortgaged their future too many times, going all the way back to trading Nolan Ryan for a beaten up, decrepit Jim Fregosi. No! No! No! Thanks. Bosox ... keep your resident headcase.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1475
Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cordova, TN

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:48 pm

rlee wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:MANNY IN NEW YORK! MANNY IN NEW YORK! PLEASE!

By the time he starts causing trouble, his contract will be up. ;-D


As a Mets fan, I hope they stay far away from Manny. He's now approaching his mid-30s, and has 3 straight years of declining batting ave. and OPS. The package it would take to land him would be too expensive, probably one component would be Lastings Milledge. They have mortgaged their future too many times, going all the way back to trading Nolan Ryan for a beaten up, decrepit Jim Fregosi. No! No! No! Thanks. Bosox ... keep your resident headcase.


minaya wont give up milledge and take on manny's contract. but to say no way to manny, i say you're insane. if you remembered 2005, the biggest thing down the stretch was the Mets inconsistent offense. if you add manny's bat to that lineup, sure you'll get a declining average and probably a drop in homers, but you'll get 100+ rbis.

The Mets are built to win NOW. pedro will start a decline, if he hasnt already, glavine has finally got it together, and floyd is getting up there in age. they are a lot closer than most people realize and manny could put them over the edge.
Image
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2514
Joined: 26 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:09 pm

Klesko for Manny...
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby rlee » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:18 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
rlee wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:MANNY IN NEW YORK! MANNY IN NEW YORK! PLEASE!

By the time he starts causing trouble, his contract will be up. ;-D


As a Mets fan, I hope they stay far away from Manny. He's now approaching his mid-30s, and has 3 straight years of declining batting ave. and OPS. The package it would take to land him would be too expensive, probably one component would be Lastings Milledge. They have mortgaged their future too many times, going all the way back to trading Nolan Ryan for a beaten up, decrepit Jim Fregosi. No! No! No! Thanks. Bosox ... keep your resident headcase.


My point was not so much a no to Manny, but let's not mortgage the future. I don't see Boston doing this without Milledge. Hey, how about Manny for Felix Heredia (once he gets off of suspension) :-D
minaya wont give up milledge and take on manny's contract. but to say no way to manny, i say you're insane. if you remembered 2005, the biggest thing down the stretch was the Mets inconsistent offense. if you add manny's bat to that lineup, sure you'll get a declining average and probably a drop in homers, but you'll get 100+ rbis.

The Mets are built to win NOW. pedro will start a decline, if he hasnt already, glavine has finally got it together, and floyd is getting up there in age. they are a lot closer than most people realize and manny could put them over the edge.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1475
Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cordova, TN

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 14:20 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact