Zack Grienke - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zack Grienke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zack Grienke

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:11 am

He had such a horrible season, but he's young so it can be excuse I think. How good is he? Can he be relied upon in the future? What's his value for the future?
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:04 pm

He actually had a very good September before getting shelled in his last start of the season. I'm not sure that he's gonna live up to the billing of Baseball Prospectus labelling him the "Future of Pitching" at this point...
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Surfs up » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:25 pm

I wouldn't touch a KC starter on a bet. He doesn't bring enough to the table to have on my AL only roster.He may be a future star but not in KC.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)

Postby dyuen87 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:47 pm

ive never seen him play so i cant really give you my personal opinion. but from what ive heard he's going to be a future star, but no one knows when that'll be. he's relatively young and has got many major league starts under his belt. he's got nasty stuff. so i would keep an eye on him because he can turn the proverbial corner at anytime (but just as easily fall off a cliff into total scrubness again). :-D
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Half Massed » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:33 pm

He's worth a flyer next season as you can probably get him late. He's too good to continue to struggle so badly.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:39 pm

i will easily take a chance on him in the late rounds next year,,, his team may be horrible, but i still think he can be good.... in fact he is the best pitcher i have ever seen pitch in person in the minors.... so yea i still got faith
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Surfs up » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:34 pm

Having faith in him and winning your fantasy league are two different things. He needs to be traded. He's not like a hitter were they can be good and not have have it efffect the numbers. Greinke is a good young pitcher and getting no run support can get to a young guy.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:37 pm

Surfs up wrote:I wouldn't touch a KC starter on a bet.

me either .. :-o
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby seniorpaul » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:48 pm

I'm afraid we won't really know if he's any good until he gets out of KC. It's got to be hard for a young pitcher to just go out and play his game knowing he's not going to get much run support.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:46 pm

seniorpaul wrote:I'm afraid we won't really know if he's any good until he gets out of KC. It's got to be hard for a young pitcher to just go out and play his game knowing he's not going to get much run support.

although the run support affected his W-L totals, you can't blame KC's terrible lineup for greinke's awful season. even with a david wells type of run support, greinke wouldn't have gone far with that 1.56 WHIP, he would have to take jason marquis' vitamins to be able to still post a decent ERA with such high WHIP.

so what went wrong for greinke this season? maybe a combination of him being only 22 years old and in his first full season in the majors, and major league hitters getting to see him again and again.

i remember in the beginning of the season i went to a jays game against KC, it was greinke against halladay, perhaps the quickest game i've ever watched, i don't even think it took two hours. greinke had a great game, eventhough he lost it. i have to say i was impressed by his performance and i think he'll be a good pitcher someday, he might still struggle next year, but he'll get better as time goes by. he did gave up less HR this year than the previous year...it could be something to build on for 06.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers