Brain Giles - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brain Giles

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:28 am

baseball6791 wrote:I could also see the Giants looking at him if they don't bring Winn back. He could play Center between Barry and Alou and could flourish with the short right field porch.

winn's a lock to return. theres no way sabean would let him get away after how he performed for the giants.
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:36 am

also how about the red sox?
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:42 am

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:I could also see the Giants looking at him if they don't bring Winn back. He could play Center between Barry and Alou and could flourish with the short right field porch.

winn's a lock to return. theres no way sabean would let him get away after how he performed for the giants.

I wouldn't say that he's a lock, he will probably get more money than he is worth since he had the best stretch of his career, and if they could get a guy like Giles without overpaying I'm sure that they would be happy to do it.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:04 am

baseball6791 wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:

I wouldn't say that he's a lock, he will probably get more money than he is worth since he had the best stretch of his career, and if they could get a guy like Giles without overpaying I'm sure that they would be happy to do it.

san francisco already exercised its 5 mill option on winn according to sfgiants.com

the giants have to do two important other things before even considering giles, and he would want to be an everyday player.

- resign scott eyre
- get some arms

also giles would get more money and a longer deal elsewhere
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:08 am

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:

san francisco already exercised its 5 mill option on winn according to sfgiants.com

the giants have to do two important other things before even considering giles, and he would want to be an everyday player.

- resign scott eyre
- get some arms

Really, I had thought that it was a player's option on Winn's deal :-? Guess not...but no, definitely there are other priorities and more pressing needs but if they were able to get Giles at a reasonable price I couldn't see them not making a push, seeing as they could use another lefty with some power

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:12 am

baseball6791 wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:

- resign scott eyre
- get some arms

Really, I had thought that it was a player's option on Winn's deal :-? Guess not...but no, definitely there are other priorities and more pressing needs but if they were able to get Giles at a reasonable price I couldn't see them not making a push, seeing as they could use another lefty with some power

if giles can play 1b? i can see sfg considering him, but still i dont see him playing in a giants uni
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers