BSSC Round 2 - Lionel Hutz vs. Milhouse - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BSSC Round 2 - Lionel Hutz vs. Milhouse

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hutz or Milhouse?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:32 am

Lionel Hutz
43%
Milhouse
57%

Total votes : 23

BSSC Round 2 - Lionel Hutz vs. Milhouse

Postby ironman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:32 am

Lionel Hutz

Wikipedia wrote:Lionel Hutz, who was voiced by Phil Hartman, was an inept ambulance chaser that the Simpsons kept hiring as their lawyer (a fact remarked on by Marge in a typically self-aware aside). His legal practice is named "I Can't Believe It's A Law Firm!"

In the episode "Realty Bites", he also tries his hand at selling real estate.

At one point, Hutz renamed himself Miguel Sanchez following some trouble that prompted him to change his identity. At the time of this change of identity, he was babysitting the Simpson children: Bart, Lisa and Maggie. (At some point, he apparently went by the name Nguyen Van Fok.)

The character was retired after Hartman's death (by homicide) in 1998, and since then has only appeared in crowd scenes. This has been inconvenient for the show; lawsuits are frequent in The Simpsons and since Hutz was retired, different lawyers have been used to represent the Simpson family each time, such as the Blue Haired Lawyer and Gil. (For example, in Sweets and Sour Marge, Gil steps in.)

Quotes

* Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice.
* (Defending Homer in a legal case against Satan, in which Satan has Homer under contract) That was a right-pretty speech, sir. But I ask you, what is a contract? Webster's defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable." [emphasizing] Which is unbreakable! [The members of the jury look at him] Excuse me, I must use the restroom.
* (When Marge is on trial for shoplifting) Uh-oh, we've drawn Judge Snyder. Marge: Is that bad? Hutz: Well he's had it in for me ever since I kind of ran over his dog. Marge: You did? Hutz: Well change "kind of" to "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son"
* (On his career change to realtor) Legal business has been slow and since most of my clients keep losing their homes, it was a natural career move.
* (After Marge is acquitted of shoplifting) Bart: When I grow up, I want to be a lawyer just like you. Hutz: Good for you, son. If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers. Imagine a world without lawyers (Hutz imagines people of diverse ethnicities dancing in a circle in a lush, sunny landscape and shivers)

Milhouse

Wikipedia wrote:In the animated series The Simpsons, the Van Houten family consists of the father Kirk, the mother Luann, and their son Milhouse. Of the three, Milhouse has the largest role within the show. All three look alike: cobalt-blue hair, red coke-bottle glasses, and giant toucan noses.

Milhouse Van Houten is Bart Simpson's best friend, and is most distinctive for his extreme nearsightedness requiring thick glasses to correct. Despite his nerdish behavior Milhouse is actually quite stupid and has terrible people skills. He is constantly led into trouble by the wilder Bart, who is not shy about taking advantage of his naïve and trusting friend.

Milhouse harbors a hopeless crush on Bart's younger sister, Lisa. However, in one episode, a school counselor accidentally revealed that he had assessed Milhouse to be gay.

It is rumored that Milhouse was based on the famous "Paul" on the show The Wonder Years, as well as Milhouse's mother and father. He was named for Richard Nixon (whose middle name was Milhous) and, apparently, Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten. The family name was first used in the third season episode "Homer Defined."

Initially Milhouse's father Kirk Van Houten worked at the cracker factory, in middle management, while wife Luann was a normal, boring homemaker. Later in the series, Kirk and Luann got divorced. When Luann leaves, Kirk gets fired from the factory (since his boss is Luann's father and he considers crackers a 'family food'). He moves into a rundown singles community and tries to start a new career as a singer-songwriter. His demo tape, Can I Borrow a Feeling? left Homer in hysterics. Kirk has since been portrayed as a stereotypical middle-aged male loser. Meanwhile, Luann is now using her freedom as a single mom to live life in the fast lane. Luann has been dating American Gladiator Pyro, but was caught cheating on him with his best friend Gyro. Kirk was put in jail in Pranksta Rap for kidnapping Bart.

In a recent episode (aired September 25, 2005), the Van Houtens are on the verge of re-uniting, so Bart and Milhouse try copying a stupid stunt off of a parody of The OC to try and get them separated again. This backfires, and results in Homer and Marge almost separating again. The two then attempt another idea by trying to push a fake Bart off the side of a waterfall, which also backfires. At the end of the episode, Milhouse jumps over the side, screaming "I don't want to live in a world without Bart!" Marge asks if he can swim, to which Bart's reply is "What do you think?"

In various episodes set in the future, Milhouse has been seen as a balding manager at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, a Cabinet secretary to President Lisa Simpson, and (in Bart's words) a teenaged "emotionally-crippled mini-Hulk". It has also been suggested that Milhouse will betray Bart, causing severe religious turmoil one thousand years later.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:36 am

hutz
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:22 pm

Gotta go with Milhouse.

RIP Phil Hartman
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby daullaz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:48 pm

Milhouse for sure, but I guess being voiced by Phil Hartman automatically gives a character an advantage.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:05 pm

Lionel has the best 1 liners ever!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:07 pm

My favorite:

Lionel Hutz: I move for a bad-court-thingy.
Judge: You mean a mistrial?
Hutz: Yeah! That's why you're the judge and I'm the law... talkin' guy.
Judge: The lawyer.
Hutz: Right.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Half Massed » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:48 pm

Milhouse!

Milhouse: Is this the untimely end of Milhouse?
Shelbyville Milhouse: Milhouse? But I thought I was the only one!
Milhouse: A pain I know all two well (They embrace and cry)
Milhouse: So this is what it feels like when doves cry.

;-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:18 pm

Has to be Milhouse. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:26 pm

Lionel Hutz
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:17 pm

* (Defending Homer in a legal case against Satan, in which Satan has Homer under contract) That was a right-pretty speech, sir. But I ask you, what is a contract? Webster's defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable." [emphasizing] Which is unbreakable! [The members of the jury look at him] Excuse me, I must use the restroom.
:-b

Gotta go with Hutz for sure.. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Next

Return to General Talk